Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Gypsy earned her Wings Today

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by dawns2shelties, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Sheltiemama

Sheltiemama Forums Enthusiast

Feb 15, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm so very, very sorry! It's terribly hard to let them go.

2. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    Farewell Gyspy. You have touched so many hearts in your short life. Dawn, I can only hope that all of my babies have been loved and cared for with the strength and devotion that you have shown Gypsy. She was a beautiful lady and now is a beautiful angel.

3. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    I am so sorry for your loss....

We get so much selfless loved from our pups, knowing that they will go on living a bit just because they know we want them to :sadsmile:

I am glad you had your peaceful, loving week with Gypsy.
    I want that with Gavin (in at least 10 years!) if I get the chance.
    Then I will still cry my eyes out for weeks, because we never get enough time with our short-lived furry loved ones.

again, we are all mourning with you.
    in that way only a fellow pet lover can (and no one else quite understands)

4. Jaynie

Jaynie Forums Enthusiast

Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas, Georgia
    Oh, Dawn. I know words can't help much, but I grieve with you for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Gypsy gave you a precious gift by hanging on for you. I believe that with all my heart, because my heart dog did the same thing, and I had to make that awful, but loving decision.

She's at Rainbow Bridge now, no more pain, no more disease. It is one of the greatest things in life to share a loving relationship with a dog.

Many warm hugs to you, Dawn.

5. mcemily

mcemily Forums Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Dawn, I'm so sorry to learn of Gypsy's passing. You are in my thoughts. You've endured so much already. As others have said, you did the right thing to let her go, and to be so thoughtful and caring about it. And you DO deserve all the credit we are giving you. Not everyone would be able or willing to go through what you have done to keep Gypsy going for as long as you did.

6. Megansmom

Megansmom Forums Sage

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas
    Gypsy joins many of our other pets waiting for us at The Rainbow Bridge! She is happy, healthy, running around doing what she loved doing here on earth, but at The Bridge!

My sincerest love and sympathies to you and yours during this difficult time :hugs.

:sadsmile:

7. Megansmom

Megansmom Forums Sage

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas

Cindy your words are so true! Only a few of us (esp here) truly understand the depths of pain we fell when our pet passes on!

8. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Ohhh dawn im soo sorry to hear of gypsy's passing...she was just as lucky to have you and you were her, it was definitely fate that brought you two together. As sad as it was to let her go, she felt loved and secured till the end...

9. Jan244

Jan244 Forums Enthusiast

Aug 10, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Dawn, my heart breaks for you and my tears fall freely. What a good, strong and loving Mom you were to your Gypsy girl. Giving her the final gift of letting her go was the bravest and most loving thing you could do for her. I know our beloved furry ones are waiting for us at the bridge and we will be together again.

10. Toffee's Mom

Toffee's Mom Forums Sage

Aug 31, 2009
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    So sorry about Gypy's passing. It was very sweet what you wrote.
    She touched so many lives here, even if we didn't know her in real, but her spirit was truly courageous and inspiring.
    Rest in peace, gorgeous girl

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012