Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Gypsy earned her Wings Today

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by dawns2shelties, Apr 13, 2012.

1. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

This afternoon at 4:45 my Sweet Angel Gypsy joined her Brother Chandler at Rainbow Bridge.

Gypsy and I had a wonderful week together, we took many walks through the neighborhood in her stroller, sat by the lakes in the community and we reminisced about our life together. I told her all the special things she has taught me, how she got me through so many losses and what a beautful girl she was. She looked into my eyes with so much love and trust as I told her she would be ok. I told her she would be seeing Betsy my Sister who would definitely spoil her, Chandler, Lacey and my first Sheltie Buddy who she had never met and she would be free from pain.

I have yet to write her poem because the last few days the song The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face keeps playing over and over in my head. Her poem will come to me and when it does, I will share it here.

My vets were kind enough to come to my home and before they got here I read her The Rainbow Bridge Poem and held her until I thought my heart would burst. Her favorite place in our new home is the screened room so I let her take her journey from her bed there as the sun was shining down on her and the baby chickadees chirped from the birdhouse outside. There was a lovely breeze and it couldn't have been a more peaceful way to send my baby on her journey to the Bridge. One thing I do know for sure is my Sister Betsy was waiting for her with open arms and Chandler was barking and spinning up a storm when he saw his favorite girl arrive.

Thank you all for supporting Gypsy and I through her many illnesses and struggles with Kidney Disease. My girl fought a hard fight and the vet said today she was only hanging on for me so I knew I had to give her this final gift of love.

Attached Files:

2. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    God's speed Gypsy, run free and healthy to the rainbow bridge. RIP.

Hugs Dawn. If you need anything let me know.:hugs

3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    I can't hardly see for my tears, Dawn. You and Gypsy both fought the good fight and I'm so glad you had her for as long as you did. Not many would have done all that you did to keep her living a good quality of life.

You have done the hardest, bravest and most unselfish act by "giving her her wings". I know when her poem comes to you, it will celebrate her life.

Hugs to you and all my sympathy,
    Sharon

4. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Dawn I can hardly read for the tears. What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful girl. God wrap you tightly in His arms right now and comfort you. Call me if you need to. Hugs.:hugs

5. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    Tears pouring down my face .... You have been such a good mom to Gypsy and a great role model for me. Rest in Peace Gypsy you earned your wings.

6. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    I am so teary eyed right now Dawn. I am so sorry that you had to let her go, but what a kind hearted selfless soul you are. Just reading about how much thought you put into her leaving this world shows how wonderful of a person you are.

Thanks for being you
    Dani

7. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    I'm so glad I'm not at work today. Bawling at my computer probably isn't the best of things. Sounds like everything was meant to be this week. I'm so glad Gypsy had someone like you, and her you. You two have been amazing and so great to me and Miko and helping me to face his kidney failure.

Gypsy, I hope you are having a ton of fun with Betsy, Chandler, Lacey, and Buddy. I know you'll miss your mom, but she'll see you again one day.

Tons of hugs to you and your family. :hugs
    I can't even imagine how hard this was for you. I'm sure Gypsy thanks you for being so strong to let her go. I know it's going to be one of the hardest things for me to do when the time comes.

I'll have to remind myself when the poem comes to you and you post it....to read it at home. I know it'll be beautiful and fitting for Gypsy.

8. missjenneygirl

missjenneygirl Forums Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2009
    connecticut
    Dear Dawn,
    What you wrote about your Gypsy was so loving. You gave her so much more then she ever asked for. I am sure she thanked you every day. Love is powerful, and she flourished in the safety of your love.
    You are the kind of sheltie owner that I hope all my puppies find.
    I send you a hug :)cry:)

Connie

9. tofu pup

tofu pup Moderator

Aug 28, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Oh Dawn, I am so sorry. It's always so hard to say goodbye. Thank you for loving Gypsy so well, and taking such good care of her, right up to the very end.

You are such a kind soul, Dawn, and I hope that you can find peace and strength through this difficult time.

10. SheltieChe

SheltieChe Forums Sage

Jan 6, 2010
    Chicago
    I rarely read this section... I do not like to cry but read the name and knew Gypsy said her farewell. Hugs, Dawn.