Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

CHIP IS SEVEN MONTHS + nine days

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by ferg, Aug 24, 2014.

1. ferg

ferg Premium Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Ohio
    We cannot believe it has been over 5 months since we brought this fantastic Sheltie home. Every day is a delight or at least a new experience for us and a "fast growing" Chip.

Maturity is unbelievable. He notices more new things and bends with our schedule almost without hesitation.

Has become a little more of a lover. Doesn't particularly like to be picked up but won't fight it either. Most likely to get a sweet kiss when you do. Loves the outdoors and will remain as long as we are there. Helps dig, picks up sticks and rocks, chases butterflies and squirrels, and smiles. Oh yes, he does smile! This pup has made our days so full of happiness and love when we all need lots of it.

Doing much better riding in my truck without getting sick. Loves watermelon and cantaloupe, don't even try to take a cooked green bean away from him. The melon is given in tiny bites and yes of course, he eats it off a fork.

Has developed games he plays with whichever of us is available. Will play fetch with a ball or tugger for hours with our daughter, stuffed toys with mama, and wants to "maul" me on the floor, seldom with a toy.

Never objects to going to bed, loves lying in bed with me until mama comes into bedroom. I am an early to bed, early riser. Mama just the opposite so he stays in bed with her in the morning. He almost never whimpers or barks to be let out of crib in the morning. Still loves the water and mud, doesn't like the lawn sprinklers though. The extended pond I dug several weeks ago isn't quite full of water yet. He goes further into the mud and water each time. Pretty much half way up his sides now. LOL

Loves to be brushed, twice daily, doesn't like the comb much and hates the pin brushes. Cheerios is still one of favorite treats. When I eat my Cheerios he has to have a few dry ones.

Including four pics I took today. He was a lot easier to photograph when a baby.

First photo is a shot I cannot resist taking of him. Totally relaxed and giving me the "Lovie" look.

Second photo is again a view I cannot resist.

Third photo is a little different shot of him. He is growing up so fast. We want him to grow into adult hood, at the same time we would like to have him a puppy.

Fourth photo just a little different angle with his "SMILE".

Chip is 14 3/4" tall and weighs 22 lbs. 3 oz. No fat. He has a deep, broad chest and rear quarters that does a "Sashay" when he walks. The "HAPPY DANCE" is present
    all the time, it brings a smile every time to our faces.
    For those who don't know what a "Sashay" is: Comes from the forties and fifties. :)

Attached Files:

2. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    Wow. He is a beautiful boy. May you have many years of love and happiness with him.

3. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Thanks for the current update on Chip.

What a great doggie!! Smart, fun, loving, co-operative and very handsome to boot!!

Looks like you got a winner to me!

Love the pictures, terrific shots!

4. ferg

ferg Premium Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Ohio
    Re: Chip

Thank you to everyone for the good thoughts.

5. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Chip's coat is just beautiful - you can tell he gets brushed twice a day. Thanks for sharing the pics!

6. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    Chip is one good looking guy! His coat is just beautiful.

7. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    His coat REALLY is spectacular. What a happy special Chip.

8. ferg

ferg Premium Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Ohio
    Re:Chip

Thought you might like to see a frontal shot of Chip.

Attached Files:

9. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    Great pic, ferg. Thanks for sharing.

10. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    Your boy has found his perfect match. His coat is just lovely, and I love those ears!