Go Back   Sheltie Forums > Sheltie Talk > Puppies 101
Become a Premium Member Rules Support Sheltie Nation Member Map

Notices

View First Unread View First Unread  
Old Jan 22, 2014, 09:12 AM

Yep, planning on using both a crate and xpen and at first taking out every hour for a potty / play break. As she gets older and gets better muscle control the times will stretch out. And if I'm not actively watching the puppy, she will be in crate or xpen to keep her out of trouble.

I can't watch her all the time because I'll be working ... but at least I will be able to give her lots of breaks and chances to potty outside.

I was able to leave my younger boy uncrated all the time about 6 months ago. He was housebroken before that but would get into stuff when I was away from home for more than a few hours. His favorite thing was removing the rubber ends of the door stops or chewing on the edge of the throw rug by the door.
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:00 AM

Congratulations! I follow the local NY & NJ sheltie rescues on facebook and I'm pretty sure I know which puppy you're getting. That's awesome. Best of luck and keep us updated on the little one's progress.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 02:34 PM

:-) She is a rolly polly little thing ... the video of her 'killing' a rope toy that is 2x her size totally cracked me up. She could barely drag it around and was falling all over herself but darn it she was determined !