Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

3yr. old in HIGH KILL SHELTER IN CA.

Discussion in 'Rescue Chat' started by dawns2shelties, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    whew! I had visions of them killing the little guy on Monday before anyone had a chance to get him. I'm glad the shelter is working with the rescues, and happy you are there to ease our minds.

I think it's safe to say we will remind you to check up on him on when he's available for adoption.

This list is pretty darn effective!

2. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    OK...so glad I could do something.

3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Dawn, thank you so much for stepping in for this guy. He is lucky to have so many people looking out for him!

4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Dawn, I just love you for doing this!!! :biggrin2:

5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Dawn - THANK YOU for jumping in to help! I am west and north of you quite a ways, on the South Coast. I remembered someone was from Chino which I know is not far (I grew up in Riverside).

Gosh keep us posted. Southland Sheltie Rescue is a pretty good group I understand. Definitely don't rely on the shelter - Janet (Granite) had some bad experiences while looking for her lost Sheltie.

I agree this site had helped us do some real good in the Sheltie world! Keep it up, everyone! :yes:

6. dmeyer123

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    Thanks guys, but what else could I do. Just look at his sweet face. If no one claims him and no rescue steps up, I will go get him. I'm only 30 minutes away from the Devore shelter.

7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    You guys are all just the best. We are so lucky to have you all as part of our Sheltie nation! Thank you thank you for doing what you are for this poor pup. Just looking at the faces on that page breaks your heart. Every last one of them. :cry:

8. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Ok, I'm crying my eyes out here.

You guys are the tops! Hugs to you!

9. dmeyer123

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    I just called the shelter again. He is still there. The owner hasn't claimed him yet. I still haven't heard from any rescue people, but don't worry, If they don't contact me or the shelter I'll go get this sweety myself. I wish he wasn't needing to stay in that place, but they are giving the owner until the 7th to claim him.

10. PreciousSheltie

PreciousSheltie Forums Enthusiast

Mar 13, 2011
    What an amazing thing to do Dawn, bless you! Hope this sheltie finds their owner, if not, goes home with an amazing person like you until better placement than this killshelter!