Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Goodbye Trace - my sunshine

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by bkzoo, Mar 7, 2014.

1. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA

That is going to be one very dearly loved little lad...lucky pup! :) I know he won't ever "replace" your wonderful Trace...but he will find his own special place in your heart.

Trini

2. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Thanks Trini. I am so looking forward to bringing one home - we need some smiles in our house.

I got 3 new pictures this morning - will post those on a new thread, I think. Not sure if I should just start one single thread for our new little boy & keep updating with pics? I had been starting a new thread at each photo milestone (3 days old, 10 days, 20 days). Being fairly new to SN I don't know what's preferred. Advice anyone? :confused2:

3. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Personally I think a new picture thread for each milestone is fun...but that is just me. :smile2:

Trini

4. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    I had a photo of Trace turned into a canvas print. It got delivered yesterday and I am so very happy with it. (I hung it on the china hutch in the kitchen just so I could look at it - it's going to be hung by my vanity in the bedroom)

I find myself getting lost in his face. I miss him so very much. January 26 will be the 1 year anniversary of his crossing the bridge - will be a tough day...:cry:

Attached Files:

5. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    That is so beautiful. You are braver than I am, I have not put up any pictures of my little Dawson - they still make me cry and it's now 1.5 years since I lost him too soon.

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    that is a beautiful pic of your boy- it's nice to have something that makes you feel better.

7. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    That is a precious keepsake...even if it is a bittersweet one. Trace was a beautiful lad.

Trini

8. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Thanks guys - I am so happy to have found this way to honor Trace - and also sad because it brings the tears back so quickly. I never knew a dog could have this kind of effect on an adult. As much as I love our little Baker - Trace will forever be # 1 in my heart.