Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Plans change...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Mindlessbear, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Mindlessbear

Mindlessbear Forums Regular

Jun 12, 2014
    Illinois
    We lost our old friend of 16 years (mixed breed) in February. I said no dogs for a year. I had foot surgery last month and I said okay... maybe fall. My whole house had become sheltie crazy (I've had 4 but my husband never had had one). So he's been researching the breed, raw diets, training, and watching videos. He's itching for a dog now. So... We have an appointment tomorrow with a breeder. Lol... who can deny wanting a sheltie? I can't wait to see what he thinks of them!

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    How exciting! You'll have to update us after the visit. With pictures! Sheltie Nation is puppy crazy this spring, love it! :yes:

3. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Oh, can't wait to hear how the breeder visit goes! Good luck! There are so many new pups this spring that maybe this forum should be renamed Sheltie Puppy Nation...adults allowed too. LOL

Trini

4. Skysong

Skysong Forums Regular

Mar 9, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    Congratulations on the possible puppy! I am in the same boat except it is my partner with the experience and me who is doing all the researching on everything I can find :winkgrin:

Please let us know how it goes tomorrow!

5. Sumac3890

Sumac3890 Forums Sage

Sep 12, 2008
    Fort Myers, Fl
    Can't wait to hear about the visit- he will love them.

6. Toffee's Mom

Toffee's Mom Forums Sage

Aug 31, 2009
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Welcome
    and of course he will be amazed at Shelties :D

7. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    OH we KNOW what is going to happen tomorrow . . . he is going to fall in love and want to bring one of these beautiful little souls home right now. Watch him close, I predict he will develop the "potato chip" mentality! Can't wait to hear keep us posted! :lol:

8. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    He is going to love them!!!! How could he not???

9. Margit

Margit Forums Regular

Feb 21, 2013
    Germany
    Wish you a lot of pleasure with your new sheltie.
    If you ever had a sheltie- never live witout one:razz: