Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Allergic to dogs

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by JessicaR, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Pdljmpr

Pdljmpr Forums Novice

Jul 3, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Hmmm...it could be something other than dogs. You did say "within 30 minutes of being home they start burning again. " Could be weeds, grass, mold anything outside. I am allergic to grass trees and weeds, I understand the itchy eye thing. Ragweed has started, my eyes are dry and itchy. I hope he tested for things other than dogs.

2. Pdljmpr

Pdljmpr Forums Novice

Jul 3, 2014
    Wisconsin
    OOOps I read it wrong...but it could be other things too right?

3. JessicaR

JessicaR Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2008
    Tiffin Ohio
    still waiting for test results. I called the office and talked to them myself, he was tested seasonal allergies, along with dog and cat dander. He said he didn't recommend the shot because it does lower your immune system, he went with the lowest treatment first, if needed he can go with stronger measures.

So far the pills and eye drops seem to help, although the big baby doesn't like the eye drops :lol: He says they burn for awhile after he puts them in.

I did a major cleaning yesterday got tons of fur out of the house. Now to finish bathing the dogs :lol:

4. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Are you going to have to hold him down to put the eye drops in like Rachel on Friends?

5. jumba

jumba Forums Enthusiast

Oct 15, 2013
    Fl
    How awful :(

I would definitely make the bedroom a dog free zone. Watch the laundry, too. If your dogs like to lay in the basket, that can the 'contaminate' any clean doggie free clothes or sheets etc.

Vacuum often. Wash hands after touching the dogs, and make sure to keep hands away from eyes and nose. Frequent brushing and bathing (but not over bathing) them will help, too.

Allergy shots. Can't speak enough about how awesome they are. I am allergic to just about all things outdoors. I had NO issues. And, while getting them I had NO colds, either. I really recommend them.

6. JessicaR

JessicaR Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2008
    Tiffin Ohio
    :lol: probably :lol: men can be such big babies at time. On the other hand he's the one that kills those big bad bugs for me :hide so I guess I should give him a little slack!

7. Justme

Justme Forums Enthusiast

Nov 6, 2011
    Minneapolis, MN