Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My angel is gone...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by janice7920, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Maida

Maida Forums Regular

Jul 31, 2011
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Angel Holly

Dear Janice,

I am so awfully sorry to hear about sweet little Holly. This is a really terrible time for you, dear lady. I have been there so many times and it just plain hurts. I have felt exactly like you, feeling like I'm walking through an empty house because that one sweet little face isn't there. When my very first baby Vickie left us I was absolutely devastated. At that time we only had one Sheltie, Vickie, so there wasn't anyone to hold onto and it was just awful. I really couldn't stay in the house. I decided to volunteer at the Oregon Humane Society to fill up time before going to work at night.

Bless your sweet heart for loving her so much. She always knows that and you will always know that too. I am glad you wrote. Ever since I read your previous post I have been wondering how she was and saying prayers for you and Holly. You need to cry and grieve just as much as you feel the need. Try to take care of yourself. And remember, little Holly is waiting for you to join her someday in Heaven. I hope someday too you will have another little beautiful Sheltie in your life. One never takes the place of the other, but each one is very precious and gives us so much love. God Bless you, Janice. I will be thinking of you.

Maida, precious Angie Love and sweet Christopher

2. PamG

PamG Forums Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    Dear Janice,

I am so sorry for the loss of your Holly. Take care of youself and remember the happy times.

PamG

3. Maida

Maida Forums Regular

Jul 31, 2011
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Angel Holly

Dear Janice,

Since I wrote you a little bit ago, I can't get you out of my mind. I have another thought for you. When I lost my sweet Vickie, I felt so alone and really didn't think anyone else would understand. I did go to a Pet Loss therapy group once where everyone shared their stories. This did help me some. I think it's wonderful to have this forum for you to share with everybody, but if you need more, maybe there's a Pet Loss group for you.

Just please take care of yourself.

Love,
    Maida, precious Angie Love and sweet Christopher

4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Janice, you did so much to help Holly heal and recover and I know how hard this loss is for you. I'm so sorry for what you're going through. It doesn't matter how long we have these precious furry gifts, it's never long enough. Please know that we are all here for you in thought and prayer and hope that you are able to remember Holly and smile one day soon.

5. nbrard

nbrard Forums Enthusiast

I am so sorry for your loss of Holly.

6. missjenneygirl

missjenneygirl Forums Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2009
    connecticut
    It is always a sad time when we have to say goodbye. You gave her a wonderful life, and I am sure she said thank you every day. May you smile when you think of her.

7. Jaynie

Jaynie Forums Enthusiast

Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas, Georgia
    Dear, dear Janice,

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Holly. I know you and your family did everything possible to make her life a happy one.

Almost everyone on this forum has lost a furbaby at one time or another. We all understand where you are coming from. I hope you can get some comfort in knowing you are not alone.

It's sometimes hard for the people around you (including friends and family) to understand that to you, Holly wasn't "just" a dog. She was a family member, and an important one. They don't understand that to you, she was as much of a person as any human family member.

It will take a while to get over the initial shock, but I don't think anyone ever gets over losing a little one completely. I hope that Holly was such a good representative of her breed that you will want another Sheltie some day. He or she would never replace Holly, but having another little soft fuzzy face nearby really does help. It helps heal the broken place in your heart.

I am praying for you and your family. Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Much love,

8. sheltiemom4

sheltiemom4 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 22, 2011
    Middletown, OH
    Dear Janice,

With tears in my eyes, I want you to know that I'm so so sorry for your loss. I know your pain all too well as most of us here at SN do......

When your heart is hurting, try to think of all your happy memories of Holly and know in your heart that you did your very best for her and she truly loved you!!!

Thoughts, prayers, and hugs to you:cry:

9. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    I hope you are holding up OK.

10. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh boy this pain is all too familiar. My first Sheltie Skye struggled with kidney failure and passed away at age 15. I am so sorry about Holly. At least she was in your loving care and presence until the end.

I remember having such pain looking at all her favorite spots in the house and yard.... without her. I truly know what you are going through. Please let your good memories of Holly and the wonderful bond you shared be your comfort.

Hugs to you.
    Sharon
    Asta and Ally