Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

the puppy girls...

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by 2GoodDogs, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    I have been told my girl is very sweet and a doll. I will not be doing any testing on her, but just going along with the breeder's recommendation.

I'm excited though and can't wait to meet her.

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Oh, but drama queens come with such great personalities! Trust me, I know...I've got a few! :lol:

Ruffles was the only one of her littermates that at 3 days old would not let me roll her on her back to do the puppy exercise where you tickle their feet. She was the only one who broke out of the pen every time I turned my back. And she's smart as a whip with the best temperament of any dog I've had.

And those sweet little pink tummies in that picture....to die for! :yes:

3. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    I really want her, the breeder wants to test her, my fingers are crossed and I probably won't draw a decent breath for three more weeks!

4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    I didn't see a video in that video link, just the picture:confused2: They are both so incredibly cute and beautiful markings. I just love the little girls. Although that boy has some striking looks too. Who can go wrong with a Sheltie Princess, though?? :lol:

Um, what are the Volhard and BAER tests? Where you roll them over on their backs to see if they resist, that kind of thing?

5. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    :lol: I hate to say it but that is a girl for you. Drama. Celtic sister Clover is a pistol. She is sort of evil, like evil gensis. She is too smart for her own good. She is going to be awesome if her owner can convince her that doing preformance and conformation is her idea. There is a reason I am gathering more boys.

6. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
  7. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    The Volhard test is the one the monks use in The Art of Raising a Puppy.

8. Watson's Mom

Watson's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2012
    Oh my. I think I love that little girly on the left... her face just looks so expressive!

9. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    I couldn't see the vid either.
    If you put looks aside, did one of them seem more interested in you? I mean they are all cute as can be...

10. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    As I held her for the torture, I mean the hearing test... when the test was over she licked my nose. In the video, she was hanging out with me munching my shoe laces... I'm sure she felt my vibe that I liked her....

I'll see if I can find (fix) the video link... Girl puppy # 2 is in it, bouncing so cute after her bigger brothers.... Mushy love...