Go Back   Sheltie Forums > Health > Diseases & Illnesses
Become a Premium Member Rules Support Sheltie Nation Member Map

Notices

View First Unread View First Unread  
Old Jul 3, 2014, 09:20 PM

Hopefully Dante is back to normal ASAP. Two good shelties down. You have your hands full. I have seen where that ligament has been stretched on a dog and it goes back just takes time. Hope they stay calm for you Trini. Oh my.

Take care of yourself too.
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon7 View Post
Trini, how are your little patients doing? Hopefully both are better.....
Thanks for asking, Sharon. :)

Both are doing really well. Mickey got his stitches out yesterday and our vet is absolutely delighted with his progress. E-collar for one more week and limited exercise for another 4 and then FREEDOM! And today for the first time since his surgery Mickey is once again carrying around his "babies" (squeaky toys) and squeaking them for literally hours on end! Never thought how much I would cherish hearing those blasted squeaks again!!!!! LOL

Dante is moving totally normally...if I hadn't been right there when he got hurt and had the dx of damaged ACL from our vet, I honestly wouldn't be able to tell there was anything wrong with that leg...but he too has several more weeks of limited exercise. Thankfully he is not as hyper as our MickMan and keeping him low key is a bit easier.

So all is good in Invalid Land.

Trini
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sable View Post
Hopefully Dante is back to normal ASAP. Two good shelties down. You have your hands full. I have seen where that ligament has been stretched on a dog and it goes back just takes time. Hope they stay calm for you Trini. Oh my.

Take care of yourself too.
Sable, that is good to hear that you have seen stretched ligaments tighten back up on their own. Dante is doing super well and I am very optimistic that without further injury he will heal without surgery.

BTW Mickey and Dante are not "real" Shelties...they are Pommies who pretend to be Shelties so they can be members of SN. But I do have 4 real Shelties too.

Trini