Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My new Trainer just won at Crufts!

Discussion in 'Agility' started by labgirl, Mar 6, 2014.

1. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
  2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    that was a nice run:yes:- what is the breed?

3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Very cool!

It's a kelpie :)

4. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    WOW! That is inspiring as we get to our final week of Agility class! Congrat's to your trainer.

Be sure to catch the little dog winner too (it comes up on the side-bar).

5. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Yes Demon is a kelpie. As for the little dog winner, I've already marked her down as my next Sheltie breeder:wink2:

It's all very inspiring, but I have such a long way to go before I am that good, lol:lol:

6. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    What a fabulous team!!

7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    That's superb! But I thought a Kelpie was something Harry Potter had to fight off in The Goblet of Fire. :confused2:

8. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Lol, yes the kelpie is the name of a mythical Celtic water horse that will steal cattle. In fact the kelpie-dog is a 'type' rather than a breed (ie. they don't breed true to a standard yet). The very first dog of 'kelpie-type' was named Kelpie, she was such a successful cattle dog (note the link with the mythical horse) that a line of dogs was developed from her and became affectionately known as 'kelpies'.

NB. This info is for the UK Kennel Club which does not yet officially recognise the kelpie, they may be recognised in the US as a breed.:smile2:

9. romeosangiovese

romeosangiovese Forums Enthusiast

Sep 29, 2008
    Singapore
    I watched her runs - they are so good and fast! Love the name too - Demon seems so fitting for a speedy Kelpie!

The small dog winner is an O'bay sheltie - crazy fast too! I had to pick my jaw off the floor after watching their runs.

Hope to see you at Crufts one day Labgirl! You can bet I'd be watching it live on Youtube and cheering you on!

10. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Aw, thank you Michelle:wink2:

I don't think it will be with Merlin though, firstly because I'm not sure he would like the big arena, secondly because he isn't that fast!

There were lots of O'Bay shelties competing at high levels at Crufts. Great to see their drive.