Originally Posted by Margi
Since I've been waiting from before the mama got pregnant, I got first dibs (after the breeder of course).
I may have to pick a sex, which means I either take the boy or wait and choose between the two or three girls at 8 weeks that she isn't keeping. She has someone who wants only a boy, and someone who wants only a girl behind me on her list.
Its a two hour drive to her place. I think its worth the drive to to see them in person. That lil boy is just waaay too cute to blow off! Hopefully I will get a good idea of their personalities even if I have to pick before 8 weeks. She knows I want to try agility or obedience and don't care about the sex.
I told my breeder I wanted a female blue merle and only that...she ended up having 7 pups, 2 female rest males. she decided she wanted to keep both females (1 tri 1 blue merle) and told me to consider a boy.. which i was headstrong about not a boy then i met them.. and the little guy I'm getting tomorrow won my heart.. not a blue merle.. not a female.
so I definitely recommend making the drive (I made a 16 hr drive to see them, granted it was also my nephew's 1st bday so worked out)