Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Nearest Sheltie rescue to Billigs Montana??

Discussion in 'Considering a Sheltie?' started by Sheltie.Mama, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Sheltie.Mama

Sheltie.Mama Forums Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2013
    Montana
    I know, I have made a couple posts about this. But, I have decided I want to rescue a Sheltie. However, I live in billings Montana. And I am having a hard time finding a rescue in Montana, Wyoming, North and South Dakota, and in Idaho. Does anybody know where a nearby rescue is?

2. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    I am pretty sure there is not a sheltie specific rescue in SD, ND or WY. I am from SD. I think CO maybe your closest bet.

3. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    I didn't find mine through sheltie-specific. The general no-kill shelter my other dog came from grabbed her before the sheltie rescue scout saw her and she popped up on my FB feed from them. Try Petfinder.com and put in your zip and sheltie and then expand outwards looking at animals and reading bios and seeing groups you many not be picking up searching.

4. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
  5. ute_fan

ute_fan Forums Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2012
    Utah
  6. Sheltie.Mama

Sheltie.Mama Forums Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2013
    Montana
    Okay! Thanks everybody!

7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    The Rocky Mountain Collie/Sheltie rescue is based in Pueblo, they have gotten dogs from the states you mentioned. I have not tried to adopt from them but I have sponsored a couple of their dogs and they seem to be a great organization. I do know they have adopted one of their dogs out to California, so if you meet their requirements they will work with you.

Central Illinois Sheltie Rescue also has quite a few nice dogs needing homes and they are another great group.

It's very nice of you to go the rescue route. There are some nice, young and "normal" Shelties out there needing homes. Good luck to you, and let us know what happens!