Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

1 year Anniversary for Chandler

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by dawns2shelties, Apr 12, 2012.

1. rosesandlace

rosesandlace Forums Enthusiast

What a beautiful poem ... But I am crying so hard that I can hardly see to type! I too know that pain ... One Sheltie and one American Eskimo are playing together at the Rainbow Bridge until we meet again!

I am late getting to the Forum this evening and I know you had a difficult day ... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Chandler will always be with you. :sadsmile:

3. Kelly

Kelly Administrator

Feb 21, 2008
    You are in my thoughts and prayers too, Dawn.

You are an amazing woman! :hugs

4. OntarioSheltie

OntarioSheltie Forums Celebrity

Apr 29, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I was just thinking about Chandler the other day Dawn. I was thinking what a special boy he was and how you and he helped to get me through Sadie's spinal stroke and rehab.

It was such a stressful, difficult time in my life, as it happened at the same time that my grandfather lost his fight with lung cancer. I don't know what I would have done without your words of encouragement and Chandler's example.

Hugs to you Dawn!

5. dawns2shelties

dawns2shelties Forums Sage

Thank you Kelly that means alot, you're quite amazing yourself. Look at all the people you have brought together from around the world for the love of our Shelties. I know I appreciate all you have done and if you didn't create this forum I may not have made it through this year.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. :hugs

6. susantiffany

susantiffany Forums Novice

Apr 14, 2012
    Lilburn, GA
    Niko's birthday in Heaven - April 14

Our beloved Niko went to Doggie Heaven on Nov. 11, 2011 (11-11-11), only 11 1/2 years old, from a brain tumor. Today is his 12th birthday, but not on this earth. My heart still feels physical pain when I think of him. We got a Sheltie puppy Dec. 11 (lots of 11's), and he's so cute, named him Kunuk, because he came from Canada ("Canucks" - changed the spelling). He's 6 months old and quite the comedian. But we don't yet have the bond we had with our Ringo (1983-2000) and Niko (2000-2011). Reading the poem today brought tears to my eyes again, but it helps to know that others feel the same way about their dogs that have gone on before them.

I'm new to this forum - have already learned a lot and spent too much time on the computer!

Susan in Lilburn, GA Atlanta suburb)

7. janice7920

janice7920 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 26, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    Even though we met after dear Chandler went to the Rainbow Bridge, I feel like I knew your extraordinary boy through your wonderful sharing of experiences and photos. Your friendship and willingness to share has made the road easier for many if the rest of us. I am blessed to know you and your precious Shelties.