Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Videos of my daughter practicing

Discussion in 'Agility' started by ortegah, Apr 13, 2012.

1. ortegah

ortegah Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Thought you guys might want to see their progress! Maverick had issues going from an obstacle to the weaves because he would get so ahead of himself and then not be able to collect himself in time to get his weave entry. So on Tuesday when Jordan was at her friends house, I worked with him getting him riled up and then getting his entries and it's made all the difference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m3WWDWSq1I&list=UUL6LNMbNYXrRaggabn9jYYw&index=1&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcUWkpzmAdI&list=UUL6LNMbNYXrRaggabn9jYYw&index=2&feature=plcp

2. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    I love watching them! Your daughter's enthusiasm is contagious. So cute.

You will have to let me know when they start to trial. It would be neat for our kids to watch each other. There are not to many juniors out there at the agility trials.

3. ortegah

Oct 18, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Oh believe me, everyone will know when she starts! I'll let everyone know :biggrin2:

4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    She's really got "it"!!!

5. SheltieChe

SheltieChe Forums Sage

Jan 6, 2010
    Chicago
    She might show many adults what playing with a dog means. I bet Maverick so appreciates sincerity of happy handler:biggrin2:

6. ortegah

Oct 18, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Oh believe me, she gets frustrated. Later last night she threw the clicker out of frustration :lol: I just have to stop her and remind her that she can make him shut down if she gets mad at him. He's very immature and so after 10 minutes or so he's ready to do something different. She's getting better each time though :)

7. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    I love seeing kids in this sport! They learn so well how great it feels to really work hard at something to get to the results. In such an instant gratification culture it's so valuable. Kudos to you for getting her involved and helping her work thru the frustrations!!

8. Hurtseverywhere

Hurtseverywhere Forums Enthusiast

Sep 22, 2010
    London Ont
    She's too sweet, I loved the teter contact.:smile2:

9. rose

rose Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2011
    washington
    thank you. wonderful to see
    both look so happy and are having fun

10. mmcginty