Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Georgie rescues me!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Georgie'sMom, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Georgie'sMom

Georgie'sMom Forums Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Ohio
    Last Wed. was the first day of summer vacation (I teach HS English) and I was awakened early in the morning by a phone call telling me that my wonderful brother-in-law had died of a sudden heart attack. He was only 61 and we are devastated. I sat on the couch for hours, just crying and trying to deal with my grief before we had to pack and head to Pa. for the funeral. That morning George jumped up on the couch beside me and put his head in my lap and licked my hand over and over. He has never done that without me lifting him up and inviting him up. When I think of how he was when we first got him, it adds to the miracle for him to be so sensitive and loving.
    I think shelties have the biggest hearts in the whole dog kingdom.

2. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    So sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers with your family.

Shelties do sense when we hurt and try their best to make it all better. Just to have Georgie do that shows how intuned he is to you now.

God bless you as you walk through this difficult time.

3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    I too am sorry for your loss.

I am glad that Georgie is there to comfort you. What a good boy.

4. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm so glad Georgie was there to comfort you. They are absolutely amazing little dogs.

5. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    So terribly sorry to hear your news of your brother-in-law. Please accept our condolences. I'm glad you have Georgie to help you through it.

6. Toffee's Mom

Toffee's Mom Forums Sage

Aug 31, 2009
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    what a shame about your borther in law, I am so sorry to hear of his passing.

Good boy Georgie, helping your Mom through this grief, it's a blessing to have our Shelties help us through these times!

7. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    I am so very sorry to hear of your brother in law's passing. My father in law passed away from a heart attack at the age of 61, as well. It was a nice way for him to go, but it was terrible for the family. So many ends left untied. Eight years later, it is still difficult.

I am very glad to hear that Georgie is helping you through this rough time. Stay strong. Shelties are the best.

8. pixgal

pixgal Forums Enthusiast

Jan 26, 2012
    Beaverton Or.
    So sorry for your loss.
    I just lost my sister and have to travel south for her service.
    Miss Sadie seems to know. She keeps jumping up on my lap and laying quietly. What would we do without their unconditional love?

9. Georgie'sMom

Georgie'sMom Forums Regular

Apr 13, 2011
    Ohio
    My thoughts and prayers are with you on the loss of your sister. Our Terry was gone in less than a minute, which is a blessing, but we are still reeling from the suddenness that he is not here. His passing leaves a huge hole in our lives because he was so much fun and so generous of heart.

10. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    I am so sorry for your loss, but I am happy that Georgie was there to comfort you when you needed him.