Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

I have a job!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by JacqueZ, Sep 22, 2014.

1. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Honey here,

I have gotten a comm..a commesio...um, a very important appoi...apointteme...I have been put in charge of very important duties! I am now protector for the whole backyard! I have been promoted from three leash training to bare collar as I potrol the boundaries. I must keep the sneaky squirrels from running around the yard and i must catch all the flying buggies! I have deputized the kitties to catch the burrowing squeky things that live in teh ground!

Now that I am in charge of the whole backyard, my people put up fences so that I know where my boundaries are. I suppose once I have moved up in rank again they will come down so I will get a bigger potrol area?

But Colonel Underpants, Sargent Sandstorm I need to know what is the proper recompe...compe...comensation to expect with the promotion? Do I get extra belly rubs? More treats? It is a very big yard, there is a lot that needs run in and many squeeky things that need digging up...

2. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    You get more food as compensation for your additional activity. If not, contact your SUBU representative!

~Melli -- foothill boundary & goat patrol coordinator

3. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    More food is good! I will demand more food...I will try demanding some of the yummy kitty food, it is wet!

Also goat potrol coordinator sounds very important! I would like to train for that rank!

4. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    First, you must have goats, then you must carefully watch them because goats are eeevvvvilllllll! They are sneaky, escape artists, snarky, head-butting, monsters! They even climb oak trees and stand in the branches! Sheeesh! Never trust a goat.

Shay is our resident auto and foot traffic watchdog. Cubby, well, he's just cute. Don't do much, just cute. I however, watch the livestock, intently.

~ Melli, foothill boundary & goat patrol coordinator

5. cookieP

cookieP Forums Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    Spartanburg, SC
    I iz also charged with patrolling teh back yard. I make sure no squirrelehs, birdehs, or buggehs invade back yard and porch area. Also make sure kitteh doesn't jump teh fence. For doing dis duteh, I receive the weekly wage of three bully sticks a week, and I also get at least one frisbee time a day. After one year (however long that iz) I get a one bully stick raise. You might want to ask for bully sticks. Or jerky. Or extra walks/frisbee time.

Signed,

Cookie P. Bear

6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    You should be get medals. Lots of medals. They go on your collar. They tell everyone how special you are.

Food is good, too. You get treats when they pin on the medals.

Colonel Underpants