Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

15 weeks tomorrow

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by 2GoodDogs, Sep 29, 2014.

1. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Flyer will be 15 weeks tomorrow. He's grown all leggy and he has a muzzle now. :) The ears, unless fastened down (and they won't stay that way for long!) point to the sky, but they look to be rather petite - just like Uncle Justus, whose ears would be appropriate for a cat.

He sleeps more now, and seems to be melding into the household. He needs constant monitoring when awake because he likes to be into everything all the time (don't most of the young and curious?) He barks to go outside, haven't had an accident in awhile, looking for wood to knock...

Justus is continuing to be fabulous with him, although he knows when to say "game over" and does, once in a while. It is important that Justus and I get some time alone and I'm kinda not doing that as best I can. I'm aware of it and we will get some training time today - without puppy.

Flyer finally sought me out and offered about 30 seconds of snuggle. That was a first, and I feel the future might be promising. He pays good attention to me and is coming right along in training (except the retrieve) and although the timing wasn't perfect, he is the perfect puppy for my life at this time.

So glad I decided to wait and re-evaluate the gall bladder surgery, it has not flared up and I have time to get Flyer and the household settled.

We go for the vet for shots this week, will be excited to get his weight and height recorded. :)

My fuzzy boy has an abundance of fuzz, I almost fear his coat when it comes in will be very full.

2. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    PS - still going home mid day to let him out and feed him a snack. We can drop the snack to a bite or two, but I'll continue to go home at lunch till he's 20 weeks and evaluate then.