Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

4 Shelties and a baby

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by JessicaR, Nov 18, 2014.

1. JessicaR

JessicaR Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2008
    Tiffin Ohio
    First of all Sorry no pictures. I don't like pictures of dogs and babies together no matter how friendly the dog is.

Just thought I would pop on here and say, so far the dogs are doing fine with baby Ethan. He was born on the 11th, but spent 5 days in the NICU, he wasn't breathing and had a very low heart rate when he was born. :( Now that he is doing great and at home the dogs got to meet him.

They was curious about him and smelled him when he first came home. When cries they will come to see what all the noise is about, but other than that they are not really interested in him.

2. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Congratulations! Would love to see a pic of the baby in like a high chair/stroller/crib and the dogs in a great down stay on the floor. I don't like the baby/dog photos either and cringe.

I am very glad the baby is doing great and the dogs are adjusting to the change. All best for blessings for the baby and the dogs of course.

3. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Sorry Ethan had a rough start, but sounds like he's doing well now! Congratulations! It sounds like the dogs are getting used to him, I wonder what they will do when he starts crawling.. of course, he's got a while. Missy was amusingly cautious about my baby cousin crawling around the house, following her. She didn't pay any attention when the baby was a newborn because Missy was just a puppy herself.

Good Shelties.. watch over your new little lamb!

4. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Congratulations on your new baby boy...so glad Ethan is home now and doing well! :smile2: Your shelties reaction to the newest family member sounds really good...passing interest but not overly focused.

Trini

5. alonsoe

alonsoe Forums Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2014
    Spain
    Congrats for your new baby! Today I was thinking on you while I were combing my shelties....."How would be the girl who were pregnant and needed help to comb her dogs?"....So this are great news!

I'm sure that everything is going to be all right. When my firs son was born I was worried about our dog, but they know they are babys, they have a good instinct. You only need to educate dogs to respect the babys, but most of all, the babys to respect the dogs.

Best wishes to you and your baby :hugs

6. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    Congratulations on your sweet new family addition. I am so sorry to hear of his rough start to life, but can sympathize with you first hand, as something similar happened with my granddaughter. Mom and dad didn't get to hold her for the first week of her life, tented in the NICU. I'm sure you were as scared as we were. I will say prayers for continued good health for your son. :hugs

7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    So sorry baby Ethan was in ICU. That must have been so scary. Glad to here he is going better now. CONGRATS to you and little Ethan! :yes:

I know all will be good now... better to be safe with your little one... take it slow and easy... everyone will adjust. Shelties are sensitive to all small creatures... even humans. :wink2: