Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Birthday Bonanza!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Ann, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    We're celebrating lots of doggie birthdays at our house today. Checkers and Barkley, who were littermates, are both 8 today, and Lacey turns 4. Birthday eggs were enjoyed by all, and special treats later.

Here are the three birthday pups with Pixie. Pixie and Ruffles were happy to share in the food festivities! :lol:

Attached Files:

2. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    Happy Birthday to all. The photo is a wonderful holiday pic!

3. Woodbender

Woodbender Forums Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2009
    Grand Rapids (area) Mi.
    THAT is a beautiful shot! Beautiful everyone of them!

4. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Wow...three birthdays in one! Happy Birthday to Checkers, Barkley and Lacey. Hope your day is filled with lots of yummie treats and lots of fun!!

Trini

5. tofu pup

tofu pup Moderator

Aug 28, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    What a beautiful picture. Brother Robbie is also celebrating his 8th, and wishes his sibs many happy returns!

I remember both birth-days well; Checkers-Robbie-Barkley were Gemmy's first litter, and the last we did before Mom's new puppy room was built. Gemmy was as big as a house, and the only way she could get comfortable in the last few days was to lie on the sofa, on her back, with all four legs in the air. (This was also her preferred method for nursing the puppies when they were very young!) Gemmy loved her babies, and you could tell she was very proud of them.

Lacey's litter was also the first for her mother, Vivi. Mom and I were sleeping downstairs with her in the dog room, and she kept us up for a few nights before going into labor around 8 in the morning (making the through-the-night watching unnecessary). We had the first puppy delivered within the hour, followed by four more in rapid succession. I was down in the box with Vivi, and as soon as I had one out and handed over to Mom to be cleaned off, I'd have to get down again and catch the next! We thought we were all done, and Mom had gone upstairs to shower when Vivi had another big contraction. I think we did have to walk her a little outside to bring the puppy on, but quite soon we had a sixth girl. All very healthy, nice size, and Vivi was an excellent mother.

Happy birthday, lovely dogs! I am so glad that you found your way to Ann.

6. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Happy birthday to your gang and also to Robbie.

7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Thanks for the "birth day" history, Megan! I've always loved both Gemmy and Vivi but didn't know the paws-in-the-air story...what a hoot!

I remember seeing Checkers in the puppy pen when we went to meet Barkley, and met your mom for the first time. I really wanted Checkers then but she wasn't available, destined for show as she was. It was a dream come true when she came to live with us at age 2. She and Barkley are very different, as is Lacey, and they all bring joy to our lives every day!

A very happy birthday to brother Robbie too! :biggrin2:

8. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Happy birthday to all! (and happy non-birthday to those joining the celebration)

9. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    more poster kids photos

such a good looking group...needs to be on a Sheltie calendar for December!!!!

I can't get my lil monsters to stay still in the same frame while I take a pic...one moves a head or something that messes it up :-(

10. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Happy Birthday, Furbabies!!! :biggrin2: