Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Will ________ for food!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by cmae, Feb 1, 2015.

1. cmae

cmae Forums Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2014
    Kelowna, BC
    Cruz is very much aware of our no begging rule in this house. Usually when prepping human dinner, he usually gets a bully stick or kong to keep him occupied. Last night we forgot to do this, and out of the corner of my eye I saw him doing the "push ups" that we do in dog school (sit-down-sit-down). No food.. in and out of his crate and to his mat he went. Still no food.. couple rollovers? He even offered a paw/high five to the table leg!

I eventually did give him some treats because COME ON!! It was kinda really cute :lol: The kid gets an A for effort!

2. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    That is laughs. Clever dogs will offer behaviors they have learned. We talked about this in school yesterday. In training scent our obedience class graduates offered sits, paws, downs, anything they thought they should be doing in the classroom that they have done before. Laughs.

3. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Too funny! You are definitely going to have your hands full with that smart little lad. What a charmer. :smile2:

Trini

4. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    Lol! He's a clever little bugger.

Whenever we have something good smelling Honey runs to find her favorite toy, which she proceeds to try to trade to us in exchange for some of the food.

She tends to have good success, it's just to cute to resist.

My mom had a dog who would sit up and wash his face with his paws whenever he wanted food. One day I was watching him, and he came to work with me...I got caught up in what I was doing and all of a sudden I hear loud laughter from the receptionist. She had gotten out her lunch and he wandered off to show her he was all ready for his (You know, provided his lunch could maybe please be some of hers...)!

5. ferg

ferg Premium Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Ohio
    food

Chip licks his chops and does the sit-stand-sit-stand motion.

Gets so excited when I eat cereal. Since it is normally Cheerios, he gets a few dry ones and licks my bowel when I finish.

They are very intelligent!

Attached Files:

6. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    Chip has a beautiful face! Mine all like Cheerios...would do anything for them. Cheerios are on the grocery list every week.

7. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    I especially like the high five'ing the table leg. . .

8. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Sounds like Deska, he will offer everything in his arsenal to get food. Once he's run out of the good stuff (sit, drop, beg, tap, walk backwards) he starts on the naughty things that may have garnered him a treat in the past to make him stop - he'll run into the backyard and bark then run inside, bark at the front door, at the tv, spin. I ended up cutting treats out all together because he is just soooo bad with offering behaviours.

9. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    :yuckyuck
    AW-w-w, your little clown working the room. These baby's are sometimes just too smart for their own good! I agree mimiretz, high five to the table leg was also my favorite! :biggrin2:

10. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    OH, how funny, here are some :pop for all the small hard working dogs :yes: