Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

It is tough being Spitfire

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by SheepOfBlue, Mar 30, 2015.

1. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    After a hard day of supervising people next to my fence mowing. Then telling people walking dogs in my road to go faster. Making sure no car dares stop at my yard. Telling the neighbor german shepherds I am tougher. Making sure my sheep mows my yard correctly and weed eats to spec. Then I had to keep Sca in line.

Well after all of that I had to get up at 2AM to protect everyone from thunder boomers.

Then I got put in my kennel in the bathroom so I could not protect everyone! Thankfully everyone was still alive in the morning.

It is tough being me.

Signed
    Spitfire Esquire

2. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Good duty, Spitfire!

Looks like you have it all handled, and take your job very seriously.

3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Spitfire, you are a good dog! Keep doing what you do ;)

4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Good work, Spitfire! You deserve a reward for being so diligent! I commend you.

Colonel Underpants

5. mcemily

mcemily Forums Enthusiast

Aug 27, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    That sounds a lot like my day yesterday, Brother... only we didn't have thunder boomers. My sheep says there are supposed to be thunder boomers later in the week. I am ready!

--Lerwick

6. JLSOhio51

JLSOhio51 Forums Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2013
    Ohio
    I've said this before, but I have the compulsion to say it again now, "I usually read the posts offered as if our dogs are speaking like this :rolleyes2: (i.e. with an extreme roll of the eyes, because I find them a bit silly). BUT, that's USUALLY! I particularly loved THIS part of Spitfire's post:
    Even I, the perennial curmudgeon, found this funny. GREAT POST, spitfire. Thanks for the chuckle!!!!

7. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    Wow, you are one busy Sheltie Spitfire! I think you may need an excel spreadsheet of all your duties, to help keep them straight and for your hoomins to know just how hard you're working behind the scenes to keep everyone safe from all the dangers lurking. Or maybe a checklist?

I feel safer knowing you're out there working at all hours; I believe my male Forrest has the same work ethic as you, cause some mornings he has bags under his eyes from all the responsibilities he has. It's not easy for the king to wear his throne sometimes.

8. Woodbender

Woodbender Forums Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2009
    Grand Rapids (area) Mi.
    Impressed

Spitfar,. you warrs a lots of hats. That's a lot of wurk.
    Claire Baire

9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    poor Spitfire- sounds like the weekend wore you out:yes:
    at least you didn't get a b a t h.......:eek2:
    Jocu and Destin did..........

10. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    He needs one! He is still grungy the great flyball escape :gaah