Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

T&A and a Brown Idiot with a Ribbon

Discussion in 'Agility' started by labgirl, Apr 18, 2015.

1. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Merlin has been running flat for a fortnight and I was getting a little worried about him. The vet gave him the all clear and thought he might have had a virus, so we decided to try a competition where we could pay on the day for runs. I thought I would just do a couple of runs as a confidence boost for Merlin and myself, and, while I was at it, I decided to take Cadbury and run him.

I discovered he could run in Veterans (being 7) and that meant no weaves (which he is rubbish at) and he could jump any height.

Merlin
    Elementary Agility - what a great run! My boy was on form, so on form in fact he got ahead of me and took the wrong jump:lol: I was able to jump Merlin on small at this comp and he loved running the lower height, he just flew, and he did his weaves correctly! So I was pleased despite the Elimination

Elementary Jumping - Merlin was still flying, but left hand weaves let us down and gained us 5 faults. No matter, weaves are our summer project and just seeing him so full of beans made me happy:hugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L35MH1SCAmQ

Cadbury
    Veterans Jumping - Gosh I was nervous! I felt a little sick. Cadbury started then had a dippy moment and went to see the judge, he then did the course perfectly, just a shame he jumped the first jump twice:lol:

Veterans Steeplechase - Nice course for Cadbury, I had switched him from Medium to Small, as he was clearly struggling a little (he is out of agility condition). He ran perfectly this time and I was so thrilled to have a clear, but even more thrilled when I discovered that he came 3rd!!!:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oooOAthP7-M&feature=youtu.be

Yep, definitely a good day all round and it looks like Cadbury will be coming out with us again:smile2:

2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Well done, Cadbury -- don't let Merlin hog all the glory!!! :lol:

3. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Sounds like you had a great day.

4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    nice runs:yes:

Cadbury says bring on the lower jumps:winkgrin::pop

5. jumba

jumba Forums Enthusiast

Oct 15, 2013
    Fl
  6. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Thank you:smile2:

Cadbury really enjoyed his return to agility and was so keen it was lovely. And Merlin was running so fast.

Next week we have another fun comp, then it will be the Beachside Finals:eek2:

7. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    Great runs! Merlin looks really good.

8. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    He had the option to run small height at this comp, which he hasn't run in I couldn't say how long, he normally runs medium. He loved the smaller height, really upped his speed. But he was in a good mood all round and wanted to run.:wink2:

9. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Somehow I am just getting to this thread--sorry! Sophie, great trial! Merlin looked confident and Cadbury stole the show! What good boys!

10. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK