Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Hot Herding!!! Clantyre Triumphs!

Discussion in 'Herding & Tracking' started by Chris, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Congratulations to Rachael and Jayce. They nabbed High in Trial - Sheep in an extremely competitive field. Well done!!

I had such a great time working the ASSA Herding Trials at Keepstone Farm, Virginia! So good to see old friends and meet so many great folks!

Attached Files:

2. tofu pup

tofu pup Moderator

Aug 28, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    WOW! Big congrats to Rachael and Jayce. That takes a lot of training, dedication, and teamwork! Way to go!

And Chris, thank you for helping out at the trial, and for being our roving reporter!

3. missjenneygirl

missjenneygirl Forums Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2009
    connecticut
    I just saw the results on sheltiesonline.com. Huge congratulations to Rachel!! Good job!

4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I saw it on Shelties online too:yes:
    Congrats:smile2:

5. ClantyreSheltie

ClantyreSheltie Forums Sage

Feb 24, 2010
    Baltimore
    I like the word triumph.

Now that I'm home, showered, and have a six square foot ribbon hanging on the wall, I can say that it was pretty amazing. I was told that my hands were shaking pretty bad by the time I got to the re-pen. I knew he had pretty well rocked it. I also knew we lost three points off the top by missing the cone on the fetch. Seriously by six inches. Darn it.

I was also happy to be able to let his breeder know to expect her "Breeder of High in Trial" trophy to be delivered to her at the National. She's pretty happy.

The qualifying rate was so high, ASSA had one single qualifying ribbon left over. The dogs were good, the stock was good (even for this early in the season), and the judges were wonderful. Because of the additional trial yesterday, a lot of folks finished HT/PT titles today at the National trial. That was kind of our plan, so lots of happy folks this weekend.

6. Hannah

Hannah Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    That's so impressive! Congratulations :smile2:

7. Greenepony

Greenepony Forums Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2012
    Congratulations! That is an impressive rosette!
    Yesterday was great weather for a trial (I'm assuming, Berryville is usually 1-2 F cooler than here and we spent a few hours outside)

8. take4roll10

take4roll10 Moderator

Aug 31, 2009
    That's awesome!!! Congratulations!!!

9. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    WOW! Great job!!!! That must have been thrilling to watch! Great dog, great ribbon!!!! :)

10. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Congratulations, Rachael! What an outstanding reflection of your hard work and dedication to training Jayce.