Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Edan and CJ at ASSA Nationals Agility

Discussion in 'Agility' started by Silaria, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    We went to Nationals and achieved success!

I'll start with Glen and CJ because I'm VERY VERY proud of them.
    Glen and CJ made their first ever Open Preferred runs at Nationals on Sunday. We'd been holding off on entering CJ on Open because her weaves are shaky in trials. (She'll drive through 12 poles with amazing speed in practice.)

They're first run was Open Preferred JWW. The run was absolutely beautiful... until the weaves. The first shot at the weaves, CJ ran right past the entrance and started weaving between the 2nd and 3rd pole. Called her back and she decided to run along side them. :rolleyes2: At that point Glen just finished out the run rather than stress her out. Overall it was a beautiful and fast run.

Open Preferred Standard was another beautiful run. The weaves were the third obstacle and she blew the entrance again. This time, for the 2nd attempt, Glen guided her through the poles to successfully complete them. They were fast enough that, even with the super slow weave performance, they still qualified and took FIRST place in their class.

Edan and I were entered in Masters Preferred.
    We started the morning with Standard. It was an absolutely beautiful and fast run until about mid-course. I miscued a turn into a pinwheel of jumps causing Edan to drop a bar as he noticed mid-fight we weren't going where he thought we were. So much for the Standard Q. Later in the run I turned to quickly toward the table pulling him off a tunnel before he committed to it. Oh well, we were NQ'd by that point anyway. Overall it was a beautiful run. It was fast, we hit all the contacts, stopped on the table (he'd been bouncing the table lately), very nice weaves, and he looked like he was having a blast. I can't ask for more than that out of my little boy.

Later in JWW, we had a tricky course. It zig-zagged from the front to back multiple time, to the point that I caught myself goofing up the course on my walk-through multiple times. We got out there and did very well. He was fast, he had beautiful weaves, and he stuck with me. One of the opening patterns was a circle of jumps, something we saw in another AKC trial a few weeks prior to Nationals and failed to navigate properly. This time, we flew through it successfully so I was thrilled about that. We came away from the JWW runs with a Q and another leg toward the Masters Preferred Jumpers title.

While at agility we got to meet Randi and Bailey. Randi is really nice and Bailey a very pretty little girl but a bit shy. It was great to meet them and hang out for the day. (There is a Keiran hiding in the picture somewhere. :lol: It's very hard to get 4 dogs to pose for a picture.)

Attached Files:

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    love your tshirt:yes:

are there videos to come?:fl

Congrats on the great runs and tell Glen and CJ great job- awesome loot too:wink2:

3. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Videos are currently on my Facebook. I won't have time to get them to YouTube until next week.

4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I guess I can wait- just knowing that there is video is enough to tide us over:pop

5. Mitchy

Mitchy Forums Enthusiast

Oct 22, 2012
    Idaho, USA
    Congratulations! Sounds like you had a great time and have a new great puppy