Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Dog Stroller or bike trailer

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by BevBlunck, Apr 30, 2015.

1. BevBlunck

BevBlunck Forums Novice

Apr 13, 2015
    Florida
    Recommendation or suggestion for our Bella is gets too warm to walk in Florida spring/summer.
    Thanks.

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Our little senior sheltie needs help on walks as well as she gets very tired after the first 1/2 mile...

We got this stroller and she loves it!

You can do a Google search to find the right size for your pup.

Attached Files:

3. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    :)

what a great invention/solution!!!

4. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Why are you wanting to walk Bella in a stroller? I'm not a fan of using a stroller to replace a walk. Sheepdogs need they exercise. Also, when you ask stroller or bike trailer I'm not sure what you mean. Are you planning on walking her or putting her on a bike?

That said, I have several strollers so my arthritic boy can rest on parts of our walk, and he sometimes has to share it with Tully (when her hip replacement plays up). Two strollers are ones that become bike trailers with another attachment - they are handy because they fold up and have inflatable wheels so go over rough surfaces and ensure a smoother ride. Another stroller is a typical looking dog stroller with plastic wheels. I ended up removing the crate part and putting a box in it's place (Deska is long and the crate was too squishy). Most dogs prefer to stand in the strollers, unless they have rear end problems, like hip arthritis, so you'll need something long enough. Also keep in mind whether you want to lift her in and out or have one low enough for her to get in herself. And check the brakes. I brought a Dutch Dog, which is a good looking stroller, but the brake is flimsy.

5. Tagg

Tagg Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Brantford, On
    I just bought a Solvit stroller for Tinsel and Phoebe as he is unable to walk now without causing more damage to his right wrist and she gets tired and needs to be carried if we go too far. This stroller has inflatable large wheels and lots of opening etc. for air circulation.