Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

My Jack

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by BaileyMolly, May 4, 2015.

1. BaileyMolly

BaileyMolly Forums Regular

Jul 13, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    It was 2 weeks today that Jack was diagnosed with a tumor in his spine. He can no longer walk and can barely lift his head up. I took him to our vet yesterday to see if it was the day to say good bye but he didn't seem to think that it was time. Everyone tells me that you will know and I look into Jack's eyes everyday for the answer. He is still loving his food and the vet says that when he no longer wants to eat...that is the time. I pray a lot. God has brought him through some tough times before and I ask him again to bring us through this one. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for a miracle (although wouldn't that be nice) I'm looking for peace for him and my family. I do believe that prayers help and I'm hoping that anyone reading this will send out a quick prayer for my Jack and for other families that are going through a situation such as ours.
    I really hope that there is a Heaven and that someday I'll get to see my boy there happy and running again.
    Jack's Mom

2. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Many prayers for your precious Jack coming from upstate NY...and for you too. Yes, you will know when it is time and as long as Jack is really enjoying his food, I think your vet is right in saying "not yet". May the time you have left together give you special memories to hold onto.

Trini

3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    How heartbreaking, it sounds like he is going downhill quickly. But don't keep looking for the signs it's time , you'll just upset yourself too much and you know how dogs pick up on our emotions. Focus on making some good memories and making Jack happy.

4. Hannah

Hannah Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    I'm so sorry to hear of Jack's diagnosis. You and Jack are in my thoughts and prayers :hugs

5. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Forums Novice

Apr 27, 2015
    Japan
    That's so heartbreaking :( prayers for you and Jack.

6. Harbour

Harbour Forums Regular

Oct 10, 2011
    Waynesville
    Many prayers for you and Jack. Take this time and build many special memories with Jack.

:hugs

7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Prayers for you and Jack.
    I know it is true that all dogs go to Heaven! You will be reunited to be sure.

I know your heart is breaking now. For now enjoy every minute with him.
    He will let you know when it is time. The eyes can tell you so much.

Comforting thoughts and prayers being sent to you and Jack. :hugs

You are very kind to include the comment... and for other families that are going through a situation such as ours.

I was so impressed especially understanding the circumstances you are currently dealing with.

We are all so blessed to have these special souls in our life!

8. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    - BaileyMolly I really feel with you, it is so hard, when the time is near :hugs

Can not say it better as ghggp :no:

9. susanmccain

susanmccain Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2013
    London, Ohio
    I am so sorry to read about the problem your Jack is having. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep the good memories close to your heart.

10. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    Keeping both you and your sweet boy, Jack in my prayers.

God is in the "miracle business", I will be praying for that miracle for Jack.

Please continue to let us know how you and Jack are doing. Thank you.