Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

"I iz fast, I iz!" Strutt your Mutt 2015

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by labgirl, Jun 17, 2015.

1. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    A couple of weekends ago I took Sparrow to an event called Strutt your Mutt. It is a charity event to raise money for Help for Heroes, which supports disabled servicemen and women. You pay to do an 8 mile walk with your dog, through woodland and along a beach. Much of the walk is in areas not normally open to the public, as it is part of a large private family estate. It was a beautiful walk, lots of amazing wildlife to see and we had the weather for it - glorious sunshine.

For the last 3 years I have been part of a display team that performed at Strutt your Mutt, so I have never been able to do the walk before. But this year the team was not performing, so my friend and I decided to do the walk. We had a lot of fun. Because it had been raining there were some huge muddy puddles in the woods which the dogs dived in. Then we cleaned them off in the sea. Sparrow got dunked by my friend's dog (oops!)

When we returned to the hub where the walk began, and there was live music and trade stands, along with some have-a-go events.

Well, Sparrow went into the fun agility course and came first with the fastest time of 10.44 seconds! Then we wandered over to the Fastest Recall, and entered that. And guess what? Sparrow won that too:lol: Oh my word, this girl is fast!!! She completed the straight run in 2.28 seconds!

Got to love the Sparrow! Might not be allowed back next year though if we keep winning everything!

Attached Files:

2. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
  3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    That is such a cool event! And way to go Sparrow!

4. Hannah

Hannah Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    Sounds like a lot of fun. Congratulations Sparrow! Very impressive. Btw she looks so cute and full of personality!

5. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    She is definitely full of personality. Love her to pieces:biggrin2:

6. cmae

cmae Forums Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2014
    Kelowna, BC
    That sounds like so much fun! Way to go Sparrow!

7. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    I love the pics! They look so happy and so very muddy :smile2:

8. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    You better herd her Merlin sounds like things are getting out of paw

Signed
    Sca

9. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    He stands no chance Sca. She just knocks him off his feet if he gets in the way.:wink2:

10. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009

Oh my. :yuckyuck Poor Merlin. :lol: Sparrow just sounds like such a lovely dog and a live wire, much like my Faith!

That event sounds like loads of fun.