Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Merlin gets a Pink Spotty

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by labgirl, Jun 19, 2015.

1. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    When I am not doing agility, I like to do Rally. Last time Merlin had a go at Rally we were indoors and he was rather spooked by it all, so I hadn't done much with him since. But the competitions have now moved outdoors.

Well, I had Sparrow and Cadbury booked for Rally. I took Merlin for the trip out, but when I got to the field, Sparrow's brain just went 'pop' and I knew I was going to get no work out of her, what with the rabbit droppings, birds and scents. Had it been agility she would have focused, but Rally gives her too much time to think about distractions:wink2:

So I asked the lady who runs these comps if I could switch Merlin in for Sparrow. He hasn't had an outdoor competition of any sort for a while and I thought it would be good experience to try working in a strange, new place.

Merlin has been in a great mood lately and he strolled out onto the course ready for action. We were in the beginners level, and there were a couple of exercises he had not done before, but he listened and followed me. In fact, he only dropped 6 points out of 210, close to a perfect score!

He earned himself a Pink Spotty Supreme rosette. All the levels at PDRO are colour coordinated. I think he would have preferred blue, but there you go:lol:

He did so well he is now booked in for the next three trials.

As for Cadbury... Let's just say that his head was somewhere else, possibly the next field. And licking your private parts during the '1 step, Down' exercise does not exactly score bonus points!:lol:

Attached Files:

2. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    WTG, Merlin!!! And don't fret about the pink rosette..."real men" wear pink...so you are in good company. :smile2:

Trini

3. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Bless him, he was just pleased to be doing something. Hates being stuck in the car when I work the others:wink2:

4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Congrats Merlin- great job:yes:

5. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Really well done Merlin :yes: - so we can only hope - that your mom - now - have learned that she shall not let you stay in the car :gaah

6. Hannah

Hannah Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    What a fantastic achievement! Well done both of you :smile2:

7. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Thanks guys. Hanne, he told me off every time I left him. Even when it was just taking one of the others for a toilet break. I get told off a lot by Merlin:confused2:

8. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    I hope you do not misunderstand my answer to Merlin :hugs

9. labgirl

labgirl Forums Sage

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    I know what you mean Hanne:wink2:

10. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage