Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Cleo not eating much

Discussion in 'General Health' started by Cleo2014, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    I have noticed over the past few days Cleo (7 months old tomorrow) is not downing her food like she used to. She was on Blue Wilderness brand but she started to get the runs from it so I switched her to Blue freedom. Now that the food is mixed together and I am transition from one to the other she seems less interested. I gave her half a cup this morning before I left for work and she didn't touch a thing when I came home from lunch. I showed her that she had food and she just picked at it, ate a few bites and then went back to doing what she was doing. Should I be concerned? I started mixing her food on Thursday last week. Maybe she doesn't like the new food? I just don't want her to lose weight or get sick as she is already petite as it is, so I don't know what to think....

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Please contact your vet!
    She is so young and having diarrhea at that age is concerning...

My gut tells me she might not like the food... :no:
    However, better to be safe than sorry!

Good luck and update us when you can!

3. Cleo2014

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    I did take her to the vet. They said her high protein diet was most likely the cause of her runs. Her poo was tested to make sure she didn't pick up any parasites. It all came back clean. So that is why I was changing her food to something else. And now I'm just not sure that is right for her. She is not having any luck with BB at the moment. Anyone have any suggestions? I want to keep her food grain free.

4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Layla can be picky and delicate. She does well on Great Life -- but not salmon.

5. Mally's Mom

Mally's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2009
    Illinois
    What about Fromm Puppy Grain Free?

Fromm has grain free for all ages of dogs.

6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Fromm is a great food... my dogs love it... grain free too. :winkgrin:
    Can you try combining the soft food (teaspoon) and hard food together to entice her?

Hope you get her to eat soon... glad to hear you got your vets advice too! :yes:

7. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    both Kaleigh and Savannah came up on Fromm and did great...I was very pleased with reps that I spoke with, they knew their product and they spoke highly of other brands I was interested in. They didn't bash anyone, which scores big with me.

8. Cleo2014

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Thanks for the responses! I think I will give Fromm a try. Hopefully she will like it. I will be going to a localy owned business for that (Yay, as I support locally owned). I did call around and one place actually recommemd Fromm saying more and more people are switching to that brand and their dogs are doing great.