Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

I should have named him Gandalf

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by MissyGallant, Oct 5, 2015.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Another Cooper post. On Saturday, I was trying to put on my shoes and socks. Only little Cooper was having NONE of that! I'd get the sock halfway on my foot and he'd pull it off and drop it in the middle of the floor. I'd try to put the other one, and he'd pull it off. Over and over for six attempts at both feet before I finally told DH to grab him already! It reminded me of Gandalf on the bridge yelling, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Nope, you're not putting on those socks. Isn't this fun?

2. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Spitfire attacks when I go to the garage door with keys. I am supposed to stay and pet him 24/7 :rolleyes2: Of course if I tossed the tennis ball they are both passed out and oblivious.

3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    What is it about socks that puppies love so much?! Ruffles used to do the same thing when I'd put socks on but then she'd run around waving them over her head like a flag. :lol: Sprite loves socks too but her taste is a little less pristine....she prefers them from the laundry basket and has become expert at sorting them from the rest of the laundry...but just when they're dirty! :ick

It sounds like Cooper aka Gandolf would love a good game of tug with your foot, but he wins every time!

4. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Yes, socks and Shelties belong together :yes:

The first thing Minnie took and ran with was one of my socks, of course I could not resist this and had to give it to her, and now almost a year ago she seemed still it is the "naughtiest" toy. :biggrin2:

5. MissyGallant

Dec 20, 2011
    It's DH's fault. He loves to "socknose". "Socknose" is the process of shoving a sock on a dear sheltie's nose and letting them remove it and give it back to you. So, Cooper already thinks socks are toys. And he really doesn't like it when we leave him.

6. Woodbender

Woodbender Forums Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2009
    Grand Rapids (area) Mi.
    Chelsea used to get my worn out socks knotted up so she could chew on them. Claire doesn't want anything to do with them. Still haven't found a toy which she will play with yet.

7. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    A puppy! :hide

8. Sullivan

Sullivan Forums Enthusiast

May 29, 2013
    Florida
    My Angel Bambi loved the socks also. I would go to Dollar General or something just as cheap and buy her a couple of pairs of the mens tube socks, tie two of them together and she loved these. Get it in her mouth and just shake, shake, shake, I can't tell you how many times I have been hit in the shin with the knot! :lol:

9. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    If you could ask Claire, think she would say:

"why, another toy? I already have the best toys - I have mom Theresa in the garden" :lol:

10. MissyGallant

Dec 20, 2011
    When Hanne is right, she's right.