Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

2017 NOI, Agility and Rally in Georgia!

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by 2GoodDogs, Mar 10, 2016.

1. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    So excited that in March 2017 that the American Kennel Club National Obedience Invitational, National Agility Championship and National Rally Championship will be held at the Georgia Agricultural Center in Perry, GA!

I don't think there's much hope of Justus getting an OTCh and qualifying in less than 12 months... BUT there is hope that Flyer will qualify to go in Rally Novice and Justus in RAE.... time to go train! :)

Will love meeting many of you there next year, I'll be spectating or stewarding as many events as I can!

This weekend Justus tries for more UDX legs, Flyer hangs out at the show for socialization, and of course, the next weekend I'll be glued to the laptop in hopes of watching streaming live 2016 NOI action!

2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I saw that- not much hope of us making the requirements in the allotted time frame:(

be nice if they had the Sheltie Nationals there again:pop

3. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Wow, I would LOVE to see the SSCGA host the National in Perry again! I was such a newbie, hardly knew what was going on in 2009! The ribbon Bobby got in the Parade of Performance Rescues still stands out as the largest and most elaborate one he received. :) That was very nice of them to do that. And the shopping, oh my, the damage I did to my credit card... :D

That was also where I got to meet Laura and Flare (OTCh Jus Dandy Solar Flare) which got me looking at Claudia's dogs... and eventually led me to a puppy I named Justus. :) :) :)

4. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    It's about an 8 hour drive for us, and I'm pretty sure that Spirit won't be able to qualify (since she's just getting started) but I'm sure a lot of our friends will be there so we'll be going to watch :)

5. labgirl

labgirl Premium Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Suffolk, UK
    Good luck for qualifying! Sounds like a fantastic event!

6. Greenepony

Greenepony Forums Enthusiast

Jul 2, 2012
    Maryland
    I was hoping for a more northerly location (Harrisburg was 20 minutes from my hometown, couldn't beat that!) but 12 hours isn't horrible for us, better than 18 to Oklahoma. Fingers crossed we'll qualify in Rally again. We have our first Advanced outing on Sunday under a notoriously tough judge :fl

7. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    I'll buy coffee or a cocktail if you come! :) I'm looking at trials to see when to enter next...

8. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    I gave up on RV rental at the fairgrounds... not much luck in finding a hotel yet either, but I think I might have a bed and breakfast in Ft. Valley that will take 4 dogs... :/

Flyer has his scores for RN, we will try a cursory entry in RA to see how it goes...

9. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    I signed up to be an obedience steward at the NOI today. Maybe I'll get the job and get one of the best seats in the house to watch 2 days of the best of the best! Excited! The form is on the AKC website, they are taking application (commitments) from those that want to steward in Rally, obedience and agility. They will contact the chosen ones after the new year....

10. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Waiting on pins and needles to see if Flyer's Rally Novice entry makes it in the 2017 National Rally competition. I sent it overnight mail yesterday, and holding my breath it was in the first 80 Novice entries received! Meanwhile, last weekend was super for flyer. He finished his RA title on Saturday morning (I had an IP, we got a 90) then our 1st Excellent leg in the afternoon, with another IP... and an 88, and on Sunday we finished with 2 more RE legs for his title. :) 1st and a 2nd place, and no IP's, whew! :)

Cara Sandler likes this.