Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

25 Shelties Rescued

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by JacqueZ, Aug 8, 2017.

1. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    That is horrible. I just read the article...there is no excuse for these wonderful creatures to be in that state. It brings tears to my eyes to think of what they've gone through and the fact that the owners are saying that if they take these dogs away that they'll have to start over with their breeding program??? Disgusting!

Sharon7, ghggp, Hanne and 1 other person like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Enforce Jail Time and a large financial penalty is in order to stop this sort of behavior! There has to be stiff penalties for neglecting these animals! You have to be held responsible for your actions! So very sad! I hope they find loving homes...

4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Wouldn't it be nice if we could make the low-lifes that do this to their dogs live in the same conditions. See how they like it. :mad1: It really makes me want to scream. My friends do Collie rescue, and there were a large number of Collies seized from the same "breeder/hoarder" TWICE!!! That was in Texas. They helped transport some dogs to California.

My heart goes out to the Shelties. It does sound like the authorities are taking this very seriously and God bless the Humane Society folks for working overtime to help these pups. Hopefully there are some wonderful Ohio-ans willing to give them a good home.

JacqueZ and ghggp like this.
  5. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    This person was a "breeder" and some of the dogs were not hers? She showed them at one time? Well if they are AKC registered, I sure hope the AKC will take some action so that this breeder can no longer have access anywhere to dogs to breed, own, or show. This is absolutely heartbreaking.

Hanne, JacqueZ and ghggp like this.
  6. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Well said Pam!

I would love to know what AKC is doing about this incident and any others like it!

They should be banned for life!

Hanne and JacqueZ like this.