Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

All washed up...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Cleo2014, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    This past Sunday, I was determined to take Cleo out for a much needed long walk. We take a mile to get to the park and cut through there to another street that takes us to another park. That park is about another mile away. Then we turned around and came back. I check the weather early in the day and it was sunny skies for the day. Went to my friends house and started our walk. Boy was it humid out. I felt like I was sweating buckets!!! I packed three bottles of water and Cleo's collapsible water bowl. It ended up as a 6 mile walk when we were done. However, halfway through the walk we noticed an ominous cloud in the distance. This was an hour into our walk by the way. I checked my radar and saw a nice line of storms coming our way. So... sunny all day... right.... They predicted that it was not going to start raining until 8:15 and it was only about 6:30 at that time. Well lets just say they were wrong on that front too. We made it half way home and it started to sprinkle. Then it was a steady rain. I kept watching Cleo and apologizing... Well at that point we were about 1 1/2 miles away from the house. We managed to hide from a lot of the rain by staying under some trees on the way back. But the sidewalk only had so much cover before that was gone. By the time we were a few blocks away it started pouring down rain and started to thunder and lightning. I felt so, so entirely bad for Cleo. We started to run for it by then since we were close enough to my friends house. Cleo acted like she didn't care though and just kept pace with us. We finally got to the house and we were all soaked. That is the first time EVER that has happened to me. I don't think it would have bothered me so much if I didn't have Cleo with me. I still feel bad. She was knocked out with in 10 minutes. I let her take a nice long nap before we went home.

2. Phoebe'smom

Phoebe'smom Forums Enthusiast

Oct 22, 2015
    Now you don't have to give her a bath!