Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Amber loves these

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by dkean, Feb 3, 2017.

1. dkean

dkean Forums Enthusiast

Feb 18, 2012
    Every time we get ice from the refrigerator door amber comes running to get any ice chips that might fall on the floor. One time a whole ice cube fell out and hit her in the head. She took it away to find a place to enjoy it. We had to take it from her. Her favorite place to eat her treats is in the living room or the dinning room under the table.

2. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Cooper and the Belles LOVE ice cubes too. Our Casey loved them too. DH has them convinced that ice cubes are wonderful treats. When we got Bonnie, she had never had an ice cube. So, she saw the other dogs getting a treat and she wanted one too. We gave her one. She spit it out, looked at it on the floor and then looked up at us, clearly thinking, "What is that thing? It's really cold and has no flavor. Just what do you think you'll pulling?" The look on her face was so disgusted that we both cracked up.

And the best part is that she never stopped wanting one, and she never stopped being annoyed with them for not tasting better than they did. :ROFLMAO:

ghggp, JacqueZ, Ann and 1 other person like this.
  3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh that is hilarious, MissyGallant. Our sable girls always were interested in ice cubes when we were getting them out of the fridge door too, but it was always the same disappointment when they snagged one. So darn funny.

4. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    Shelby loves ice cubes too!! Always comes running for them or if she hears them in your glass she just stares at you waiting for one. She doesn't even care if they stick to her lips. One time she stuck her tongue in the rail of the freezer drawer and it got stuck. Had it getmit unstuck with water and her mouth was bleeding. She has never done that since.

Hanne likes this.
  5. Ryan

Ryan Forums Regular

Jan 6, 2017
    Aw thats so funny. My dog is afraid of the fridge!

6. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Koko is such an iceaholic he needs a 12 step program. You cannot get any ice without him flying into the kitchen. He loves crushed, but a cube requires taking it to the bedroom to eat in peace. My husband has starting saying "Here, go chew your water." :ROFLMAO:

7. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Oberon is definitely in the "I love ice cubes" camp. Whenever I open the freezer, he's right there, begging for one. He then carefully takes it into the living room where he devours it in his special spot. He then pouts if I don't put an extra one in his water bowl, but only after he finishes the one in the living room so it doesn't melt before he gets to it. It's one of his favorite treats! And guilt-free, too.

8. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Forums Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Cleo and Relic come running into the kitchen when they hear anyone getting ice cubes from the fridge. They really love it when it is the kids. The kids are less careful and usually have a cube or two fall to the floor. The dogs snatch them up and take off in the other room to enjoy their treat.

9. DaGrinch

DaGrinch Forums Regular

Feb 20, 2012
    Western MD
    Our one Sheltie, Sasha, loved ice cubes. But our current 2 have no interest. Guess we'll see if our next one likes them.

10. Annabellam

Annabellam Forums Regular

Jan 16, 2017
    That's interesting. None of my dogs ever considered ice cubes a treat. Is it just a flat ice cube or do you guys ever add anything while putting in the fridge?