Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Anyone in SD who can help a non-Sheltie?

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by k9kreationz, Aug 18, 2017.

1. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Premium Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Portland, OR
    If this isn't allowed, feel free to remove; no hard feelings. I wanted to share this because I know what a great group Sheltie owners are and this is not a typical American breed, so I'm trying to help them reach out to a bigger audience.

I'm part of a Japanese breed board and the owner is having an issue. He rehomed his retired dog and the guy who bought the dog, dumped the dog in a shelter in South Dakota. He has been trying to reach the rescue with no response and wants to get the dog out asap. The contract stated the purchaser was supposed to return the dog to the breeder, but obviously didn't. They need someone to pull the dog and keep him until the breeder can arrange him to be shipped back. If you're near and can help, please contact Brad. See below for a link to their story. It's on Facebook, so you may need access to that. I can be a middle man if needed.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Nihon-...fp2fuHTqqesME4YdR5NUaiX3Tii7mCrU7KWHG6Ni7YZH4

Hanne likes this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    He is gorgeous. I hope someone nearby can help! Please keep us posted.

Hanne likes this.
  3. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Premium Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Looks like they were able to find someone to get the dog out from the rescue and get him home. Yay!

Sharon7, Ann and Hanne like this.