Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Baths

Discussion in 'Behavior' started by Phoebe'smom, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Phoebe'smom

Phoebe'smom Premium Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Southern California
    I like to take baths. Phoebe does not and regards the tub as a dangerous thing. When I stand in front of the tub, ready to get in, she puts her leg in front of mine........blocking me. If I persist (and I do) she grabs my leg with both of hers and hangs on. I win of course, and she then parks herself on the bath mat in order to supervise such wicked business. We go through this every night! Does anyone else have this difficulty?

SheepOfBlue likes this.
  2. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    No :no:
    Such a good girl Phoebe is :yes: think that she is trying to spare you for such a dangerous thing night after night. :biggrin2:

3. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Not this particularly, but I'm not allowed in the bathroom unsupervised.

4. Kaye

Kaye Forums Regular

Jan 31, 2016
    Portland, OR
    I seldom take baths (that will change as the weather gets colder..) but Maddie gets fairly displeased and unhappy when I stand in the water box (i.e. take a shower). So I've taken to shutting her out of the bathroom when I shower. She mashes herself against the bathroom door and gives me the disappointed stinkeye when I open the door. :shifty:

Otherwise, I am not allowed in the bathroom unsupervised. If the scary cat gets in before her (he also supervises me in the bathroom) then she waits until he gets up on the counter, then she also comes in. I am never unsupervised, and am often doubly supervised. :Penguin:

Vera Hallam likes this.
  5. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    I agree with Hanne -- what a good and brave girl she is, to make sure you don't get in that dangerous, bad thing! To think you can't remember night after night how bad it is!

6. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    You know, I wonder if that's what's going on with Spirit. She hates baths, and she always barks and yells at me when I try to get in the shower. Maybe she's trying to save me!!!!!!!

7. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    pennsylvania
    Haha. I don't have that problem. DH has taught Shelby that she can drink from the faucet, so every time I take a bath she comes in and waits for me to fill my hands with water for her to drink. She hates to get a bath.

Our 1st sheltie loved baths and would jump right in the tub with you, along with her ball she would bounce underwater.

8. Mignarda

Mignarda Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
    Dickens hates baths and won't go into the bathroom unless he's thirsty.

9. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    That is actually pretty funny. Cleo likes to take baths so I don't have a hard time there. She just usually supervises when I do.

10. Matsuki

Matsuki Forums Enthusiast

Aug 2, 2015
    Tokyo, Japan
    I never get blocked but it's a daily ritual of Sansas to go in there and mess up my bathmat. If not during the day, while I'm in the shower....I almost never step out to a bathmat flat and where I placed it. (she doesn't chew on it, just paws it for a few seconds and walks away)

I gave her a bath last night....got in there, called....nothing. Called again, she's not coming. Walk out to her giving me that nervous look with ears down and afraid to look me in the eye....so picked her up and carried her to the bath. She doesn't really seem to enjoy it but she doesn't whine, try to escape, or otherwise show complaint either. Still need to take her to the river or one of those dogpark pools and see how she likes that She does go crazy happy when it comes to being dried off though....and goes for multiple zoomies once she's been dried as much as I can.