Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Beware the Costco bully sticks!

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by Sharon7, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Believe me I scrutinized the package for info, because that's how I am. Just said "beef pizzle sticks" and Made in USA. I figured, what could be added to dried up bull d**ks without them labeling it? Guess I was wrong, and an expensive lesson it was. I am gunshy now - they've had bully sticks from other sources and never had a problem.

Ally is pretty much back to normal today, first normal stool this AM. Asta however is still having diarrhea issues, so I called the vet and now she is on Flagyl, too. Grrrrrrr. Have used up a ton of cleaner, paper towels, and a lot of patience. (Not mad at the girls, obviously, just the situation).

2. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    Well, glad to hear one of the girls is back to normal. I can't believe Asta isn't feeling well yet. Yikes. Hope she feels better soon.

This incident will probably keep me from Costco dog food/treats now for sure. BTW, everyone I told didn't even know Costco has bully sticks.

3. Danny's mommy

Danny's mommy Forums Enthusiast

Jun 2, 2011
    Michigan
    How scary. Hope both are better soon. I quit giving Danny Boy any commercial treats. I too know just because it says made in USA doesn't necessarily mean the ingredients didn't come from China. If bully sticks need to be frozen they should print that on the packaging. I just do not trust stir bought treats and such.

4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Phew, both girls back to normal as of last night, normal stools from both and not feeling punk. Thanks to all for your concern! So great to have the Sheltie Nation family to talk to.

5. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Yay! Glad both girls are all better.

6. k9kreationz

k9kreationz Forums Celebrity

Oct 24, 2008
    So glad to hear it!!!

7. Hollybears

Hollybears Forums Regular

Feb 26, 2012
    California
    Hello Sharon does this happen to be Asta and Ally that visit the tax preparers office during tax season? Hope they are recovering well, little Miss Hollybears is in the last stage of her life :( Hoping she can give me the sign I need to know when to let her go. Take Care, C