Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Bows is with Buttons now

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by tim15856, Oct 18, 2009.

1. tim15856

tim15856 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2008
    On Sunday night Bow appeared to be in pain. I gave her a massage as we often did to try to relieve some of her arthritic pain. I was worried, she never felt that frail to me before. A little later something happened and Bows lost control of her one leg. She was very aggitated and kept trying to walk, but kept falling down as she put weight on her now useless leg. We took her to the ER where they said she lost circulation to that leg and the Vet felt other things wrong. After discussing the best case scenario me & the wife decided it was time to end all of Bow'es pain. We stayed with her during the procedure. She is now buried next to her beloved Buttons. She was the last Sheltie we raised from a pup. She is and always will be deeply missed. Run & play pain free with Buttons my baby, until Daddy comes for you.

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/520516

BOWS
    Dec 17, 1994- Oct 11, 2009

2. elaine2004

elaine2004 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2008
    Landaff, NH
    RIP Bows

Tim, you have my heartfelt sympathy at the loss of Bows. :cry: She is now at peace with Buttons and romping around pain free. God Bless you for staying with her during to transition to the Rainbow Bridge. You made it so much easier for her. Please know I feel your ppain and God Bless you and your family. Bows will be missed , but her memories live on forever in your hearts.

3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I am so very sorry for your loss, Tim. You gave Bows the best final gift you could of peace and love. She will certainly be waiting for you with Buttons, where she's playing and healthy now.

4. kmeister

kmeister Forums Regular

Oct 9, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Tim, we are so sorry for your loss. We too had to make a similar decision recently and know the pain and loss you are experiencing. Just know that Bows is now pain free, is reunited with Buttons and Beamer at the Bridge, and she will always love you. Peace be with you.

5. Phebe*DD

Phebe*DD Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    I'm so sorry for your loss. No matter how much we 'know' it is the right thing, it is still the hardest thing to do. A friend shared this poem with me last spring after I said 'so long, dear friend' to Foxy, my 17-year-old girl.

From Friend to Friend

You're giving me a special gift,
    So sorrowfully endowed,
    And through these last few cherished days,
    Your courage makes me proud.

But really, love is knowing
    When your best friend is in pain,
    And understanding earthly acts
    Will only be in vain.

So looking deep into your eyes,
    Beyond, into your soul,
    I see in you the magic, that will
    Once more make me whole.

The strength that you possess,
    Is why I look to you today,
    To do this thing that must be done,
    For it's the only way.

That strength is why I've followed you,
    And chose you as my friend,
    And why I've loved you all these years...
    My partner 'til the end.

Please, understand just what this gift,
    You're giving, means to me,
    It gives me back the strength I've lost,
    And all my dignity.

You take a stand on my behalf,
    For that is what friends do.
    And know that what you do is right,
    For I believe it too.

So one last time, I breathe your scent,
    And through your hand I feel,
    The courage that's within you,
    To now grant me this appeal.

Cut the leash that holds me here,
    Dear friend, and let me run,
    Once more a strong and steady dog,
    My pain and struggle done.

And don't despair my passing,
    For I won't be far away,
    Forever here, within your heart,
    And memory I'll stay.

I'll be there watching over you,
    Your ever faithful friend,
    And in your memories I'll run,
    ...a young dog once again.

In Memory of Asta, Feb. 1997
    (c) Karen Clouston

6. granite

granite Forums Sage

Apr 6, 2008
    earth
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Cherish your memories and come lean on us when you need a place where folks understand the importance of a sheltie.

7. Ania

Ania Forums Enthusiast

Oct 28, 2008
    Canada
    I am so sorry for your loss right now. You made a hard, selfless decision, the best for her. She is happy and pain free, playing with Buttons, waiting for you to come and call them both home with you one last time. I know the pain and sadness you are feeling, I had the same decision to make last year. My condolances...

8. Toffee's Mom

Toffee's Mom Forums Sage

Aug 31, 2009
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Thank you for sharing the story of Buttons and Bows... They were adorable Shelties, I love the photos of them sleeping on the couch with their human :)

It's a good thing you did and I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Toffee asked me why I was sad, as he came over to check out what I was sniffling about, so he also passes his condolences in Sheltie fashion!

9. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Our hearts go out to you at this bittersweet time, Tim. God bless you and your beloved furkids, who wait for you at the Bridge.

10. Fergusmom

Fergusmom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 21, 2009
    UP of Michigan
    I am so sorry for your loss. I've had to make the same decision several times and know how difficult it is. My thoughts and prayers are with you.