Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

British Sheltie Runs Amok

Discussion in 'Behavior' started by Chris, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
  2. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    REALLY!!!
    • Shetland sheepdog Missy considered to pose 'unacceptable risk' to staff
    Looks as vicious as a pit bull! NOT!

2017-03-08_10-55-30.png 2017-03-08_10-56-14.png

Gezz, need to hire better post people!

tesslynn likes this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    That's ridiculous, afraid of a Sheltie! That guy is in the wrong line of work.

tesslynn likes this.
  4. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    They need to complain about the postman egging the dog on when the door is closed. That is 50% of the problem as Missy sees him as fun now. Fun must be herded

mimiretz likes this.
  5. Cleo2014

Cleo2014 Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    This is ridiculous... how can they be blaming the customer? Obviously this guy has mental issues. He needs to go into another line of work. Also... I read the comments, and if you have not, don't do it. I want to chew out most of the people commenting on that article. Makes me sick.

tesslynn likes this.
  6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Our old postman used to bring dog cookies for all the dogs on his route if they were out. My girls LOVED him and would eagerly rush up to him if we were out in the front yard when he delivered. When we got a new gal, she was very startled at first until I explained that they were expecting a treat. She was fine after that.

It sounds like that kid was taunting Missy and now she's riled up when he arrives. At least the neighbors sound supportive. What a shame.

tesslynn likes this.
  7. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    Yep we had a German Shepherd mutant mutt that a neighbor kid would call out and then throw rocks out when he walked by. Months later that puppy weighed in at 160 lbs of muscle. Of course then there was Zeke who got death threats in the mail LOL. Thing was he just loved to chase stuff and would just walk away when anyone stopped.

8. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Taunting the dog and then blame it all on the dog. Someone needs to give this postie a wack on the back of the head.

tesslynn likes this.
  9. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    :ROFLMAO: y'all crack me up...but seriously if you have a fear of sheltie's behind glass doors, something is seriously WRONG with you. Most sheltie's will just herd you with a lot of noise, not ATTACK you, geez.

10. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    I guess the first clue we're not dealing with someone who has a full deck was the fact that as a grown man he has to have his daddy drive him around to do his job. I wonder if dear old dad had to get home and told sonny-boy to tease the dog so that they wouldn't have to deliver to all those people and daddy could get home quicker.

SheepOfBlue likes this.