Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Can I tell if Sansa is Bi-factored?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Colors' started by Matsuki, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    thank you- I'm pretty partial to them:winkgrin:

but I like all the colors too......someday:fl

2. Cyllian

Cyllian Forums Regular

Feb 7, 2012
    Nebraska USA
    Because she is merle should make sure the partner is not a merle. Merle to merle is not a good thing (think defects blindness deafness for example). I believe the chances of a pup being merle in a pairing where one is merle and the other not is one in four. The chances for defects are no more then in any normal pairing where both dogs are healthy and not merle.

3. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    I think I already have an album up with some pictures of her. If not I'll add some :)

4. Matsuki

Matsuki Forums Enthusiast

Aug 2, 2015
    Tokyo, Japan
    Definitely aware and not going to be creating any double merles (this should be a no brainer but then I remember seeing posts of idjuts who didn't know what they were doing or even bother to google, before playing backyard breeder with two merles. so....that info can't be repeated enough) I don't plan on anything more than one litter. I literally had/have a growing list of friends that want pups from her (want may not be the right word...demand is probably more appropriate) and I do want another pup. Her being white factored, CHW potential is there and this friend just happened to have a really handsome tri that is also white factored so that was the plan. Too bad it fell through this time (guess I need to find a backup before next year) but the demanding people can wait.

I might be totally blind but can you link me to the album? I can't find it :hungover:

5. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    How strange, I don't see it either. I guess maybe because I let my premium subscription lapse :-( I'll add some links to Dropbox so you can see them.