Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Celtic show weekend

Discussion in 'Show Brags!' started by Justicemom, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Justicemom

Justicemom Forums Celebrity

Oct 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    This weekend was the Land O Lakes KC cluster which included Northstar Herding group and Lochland Shetland Sheepdog specialty. Celtic went with his breeder while I watch puppies at home. It was a huge entry lots of handlers and really nice dog and this was his fist time out with her and I am please to say showed great for her.

The first show Friday was a bit rocky but not too bad but the next show he won his class and showed much better.

Sat he won his class again and got pulled out for consideration for winners. People watching told me he showed perfectly and the judge has a hard time deciding. Sun, he again won his class and earned reserve winners to a 4 point major. I was so proud of him and he improved every show.

I have come to the conclusion right now that he shows better for other people. With me he is not too sure what he is suppose to do under pressure, run, gait or heel. But obviously when it is clear, his training is there. I am excited for his future. He is slower maturing but he is getting there. Head is getting better, more masculine every day. Coat is coming in nicely now too. The hardest rhing is not having him with me.

Here are some pctures from the weekend

Attached Files:

2. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Well done little Celtic - Can quite understand mom is so happy and proud of you. :yes:

3. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Congratulations! I love how you're allowing him to develop at his own pace.

4. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Behave for mom Mr Celtic or join the dark side of sports....

Signed
    Sca

5. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    He's very handsome. Hopefully, as he continues to improve in the show ring, a win isn't too far off.

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Celtic is looking really good:yes:

7. Bradt9881

Bradt9881 Forums Enthusiast

Jan 15, 2014
    Fayetteville, NC
    Congrats on the major specialty reserve! That's the judge's way of saying, "show him to me again soon, he is ready to win".