Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Chicken burgers

Discussion in 'BARF, Raw & Natural Diets' started by Piper's mom, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I found a great recipe for raw chicken burgers online that I've since made for Piper and he loves them!
    It's a fairy simple recipe and can be used as a treat if you feed kibble as well.
    1/2 lb chicken wings (ground)
    2 lbs chicken
    1/2 pound chicken hearts
    1/2 pound liver
    6 ounces zucchini
    1 cup blueberries
    1 ounce ground flax
    1 tin oysters
    2 tins sardines
    1/2 tsp kelp powder

Grind all meats (I didn't add chicken wings as I feed a chicken back to Piper every day) zucchini, oyster and sardines (I used the food processor but use whatever you've got) add blueberries and kelp powder and mix together. Shape into patties (I did approximately 3.5 ounce patties for Piper but that's his meal)...size depends on size of dog or meal. I didn't add the kelp powder to the burgers, I give him 1/4 tsp/day with his food

Piper loves these but...gives fishy breath for a while after they eat but so good for them. I like the fact that I can pull one out of the freezer and there's no muss no fuss, just drop it in his bowl and feed when thawed