Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Donation assistance for rescued CA shelties

Discussion in 'Rescue Chat' started by trini, Jul 22, 2014.

1. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    With Kelly's OK, I am starting a new thread to ask for the contact information for any legit rescues and shelters who are taking part in helping out with the 61 shelties from the CA fire. Please if you are one of these groups...or if you have reliable knowledge of the groups that are helping, list them on this thread so people can donate if they wish to.

Thank-you. :) Trini

2. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Thank you for starting this Trini. 61 shelties in a fire?! I never heard of this! Those poor babies! I hope they'er all alright.:fl
    EDIT: I just spotted the other thread about it.

3. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    Southland Sheltie Rescue is the one! They have established and excellent relationship with the shelter in this case and are working hard on behalf of these dogs.

Check their Facebook page for updates and how you can help. They haven't yet solicited donations, but indicated that they may be "begging" in a short time. It depends on how many dogs they need to absorb, I'm sure.

I've worked with these girls before and they are fantastic. They rescue shelties all over the LA and San Diego areas. They were on it when we were trying to get Whiskey out of the high kill Devore shelter a couple of years ago.

4. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Eva Saks (Sheltie Rescue Alternative Inc) is also watching for senior/special need Shelties that need taken in.

5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thanks Kelly and Trini for helping to get the word out for financial assistance!
    Could we also post to the home page as many people may not read the forum posts. Just a thought.

6. trini

trini Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    For anyone wishing to donate, but not wanting to do so online, checks can be mailed to:

Southland Sheltie Rescue, Inc.
    C/0 Bonnie Diener
    524 East Sierra Madre Blvd.
    Sierra Madre, CA 91024

note on check that the donation is "for the Riverside Shelties"

They deeply appreciate any help. Thanks!

Trini

7. bkzoo

bkzoo Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the info - check is going in the mail today!

8. dmeyer123

dmeyer123 Forums Enthusiast

Jul 18, 2011
    Eastvale, CA
    You guys are the best!! Thank you! Just so you know, the rescue has stated that any donations earmarked for the "Riverside Shelties" will be used to help those dogs whether they come into the rescue or not.

It is just heartwarming to see the show of support from our sheltie community. They had so many volunteers on Monday that some had to be turned away. The grooming efforts are continuing....36 dogs groomed as of the rescues last update!!

9. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    Thanks for the continuing updates Dawn. I will be making a donation to help them today.

Every little bit helps this dogs.

10. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    Keep up the updates Dawn. When the dust settles, Cubby & Melli want to donate to help some of the older ones that may take longer to adopt, need medical care, be not adoptable (etc) and are taken in by a sheltie rescue group. Melli having been an abandoned former breeder prefers this.

Thanks for the updates.