Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Enclave's Dreams Can Come True

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Cara Sandler, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    If both are free then she can not be carrier of the MDR1 gene, so that's good.

But did your vet not say that it might be due to MDR1 ??

Really hope that Skylar is still doing well and a little naughty :biggrin2:

2. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Actually, there can be a new mutation, so she could have it even though her parents do not :-(

And yes, she's still doing great and definitely being naughty at times :)

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    we were at an agility trial one time and people leave treats for after their runs on their chairs- one of mine grabbed someone else's cookies but did not get to enjoy it as I snatched it back out of his mouth so that the poor pup expecting their cookie really still had cookies waiting. nobody thought I'd get the cookie back but I did.......

Cara Sandler likes this.
  4. Cara Sandler

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    LOL, Spirit did that once. Someone left a HOT DOG on their chair - and it took Spirit less than 1 second to grab the hot dog and swallow the entire thing!!!!!! There was no getting that out of her mouth!!!!!!

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    it was something like that- some people who were nearby thought it was gone for good but I stole it right out of the mouth before swallowing was complete...... if I'd been a second slower though, it would have been gone............

Cara Sandler likes this.
  6. Cara Sandler

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    I'm super impressed. I can't imagine what it would take to get a stolen treat out of a sheltie's mouth :)