Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Even old, sick dogs find love at Michigan's only animal hospice

Discussion in 'Rescue Stories' started by ghggp, Apr 23, 2017.

1. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Hanne likes this.
  2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I am awestruck at this woman's compassion and courage.

ghggp likes this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Chris, I thought the same thing when I read the article and watched the video!

Having owned all my animals until old age, my love just kept getting deeper! Senior are the best!

She is an inspiration and the love and compassion of Mother Teresa for senior dogs. God bless her!

4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Choking up here.... I am a nurse, and to me it seems like this is a hospice for dogs; I can't even think of anything more beautiful and touching. I agree, the seniors deserve this after their years of devotion. I can't even bear the thought of loyal senior dogs getting dumped just when they need their people the most. This lady is truly a saint.

ghggp likes this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Wish she lived closer as I would love to help in person. I will make a donation to help! Sometimes I wonder if vets would not charge so much for pet care, would it allow more folks to keep their beloved pets into their senior years!
    I will never forget an elderly lady came into my old vets office with a note. I over heard her say to the receptionist that she was terminally ill and that the doctor was to euthanize her two beloved shelties upon her passing! It was all I could do not to burst into tears! When she left I asked the receptionist if they could be adopted. She stated that my vet was planning to keep them for the rest of their lives. He was a sheltie breeder for years! I was so relieved at his compassion. I wish he was still practicing today! He never charged for office calls... just medication and procedures. He charged $50 fo a dental! He was a saint as well! Greed in vet practices seem to be too prevalent. That's why I love the program Dr Jeff on Animal Planet! He might charge $600 for the same procedure that other vets charge $2-3,000 for! People with less funds have to consider euthanasia their pets if not for him! We need more vets like both of them. Sorry for the rant... it just hurts that seniors can not be cherished for the years of devotion!