Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Fillion's dream came true

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Margi, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    The rumble of the brown truck coming down the street always causes the boys to rush out and bark. It's a fleeting thing, the brown truck. He speeds by most every night. But a few days ago we were starting out on the evening walk and the brown truck turned onto the street we were heading up, then stopped 2 houses away. Fillion almost choked himself to get to that truck. OMG! OMG! He frantically sniffed the tires and the whole length of the truck and as we got around the front of it, the driver was walking back from the delivering the packages on the porch. Fillion fanboyed all over him! I swear he squealed :woot: The driver fussed over him, then looks at me like why is he so excited? I said you are his favorite truck and he just "caught" you LOL (Koko meanwhile is standing there like--kids, what can you do?) As the truck pulled away down the street, Fill stood there watching till it was out of sight. He finished the walk with a little extra pep in his step and a sheltie smile on his face:)

tesslynn, mimiretz and Cara Sandler like this.
  2. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    :lol::lol: Good job Fillion

Margi likes this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Sounds like when kids hear the ice cream truck in the distance and when it finally gets near they go to it with all the expectancy only a child can have! Wonderful story to start my morning! Thanks!

Margi likes this.
  4. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Cody knew the sound of the UPS truck as soon as it turned onto our street. He was at the door whining to get out so he could bark like crazy until the truck passed. Heaven help you if it stopped at our house. No other trucks bothered him, it was only that big bad brown truck. The current UPS driver has made friends with Zulu. Whenever he sees Zulu, no matter where we are, he barks back at him! Zulu looks at him like he is crazy, and the driver gets a good laugh. He always tells me "that is the smallest collie I have ever seen!" Why spoil the fun?

Hanne, Margi and tesslynn like this.
  5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Just when I needed a good laugh! I had my hubby read your post too, we both cracked up. Your description gave us a very good visual of the whole deal. Wonder what will happen the NEXT time the big brown truck goes by??? I have to say, all the UPS drivers I've known carry cookies for the dogs and are very dog-friendly. Makes for a nice encounter. Fillion saves the day, LOL.

Margi likes this.