Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Finally, some good news... Baron's CDC Class...

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by ghggp, Nov 13, 2017 at 1:52 PM.

1. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    After the past few months with such stress after Laddie's and Jasmine's illness and eventual decline, I had to move my head towards trying to find some happiness and positive feelings. So, I enrolled Baron in an Advanced Beginners and CDC certificate class. Today was our first class.

I am thrilled to report the trainer and the class is wonderful! Only three are in the class and we have a huge indoor training area. This is great for Baron as he does not feel trapped or intimidated. I was shocked at how well he did in the totally new environment! I was so proud of him! He did not shut down at all and seem to figure out... Oh, I know how to do this! He seemed to feel that he had a job to do that he already knew. That seemed to give him confidence. Heeling, Sit Stays, Down Stays and Sitting once I came to a stop when Heeling, and About Turns!

He got TONS of praise and hugs for doing such a great job! The trainer seemed confident that all three dogs would pass the CDC examination! I am so proud of him overcoming his shyness! She even exclaimed at the end of the class that is a great group of talented dogs!

Made us feel really good!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 2:36 PM
    Pam, Sharon7, Piper's mom and 4 others like this.
  2. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    Good Boy Baron! Way to cheer up mom! Keep it up!

ghggp likes this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    That's fantastic Gloria, it makes such a difference having a good trainer and large area to work in...it all comes together!

ghggp likes this.
  4. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Gloria so glad to read you have finally found "your place".

You are a good proof of how important we are reading our dogs, they only have us to protect them.:hugs

We should never end up with bad training :no:

ghggp, Pam and Piper's mom like this.
  5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Gloria, so very happy you can focus on Baron and experience some positive emotions and progress with him. I know all the losses have taken their toll but I admire your spirit. Baron sounds like such a great dog, and I like hearing about how his training is going.

6. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    So glad you found a positive experience! I look forward to hearing about Baron's progress, and so happy you have something so positive to focus on amid the sorrow. Baron will help you with lots of joy.

BTW what is CDC? Is it like CGC?

ghggp likes this.
  7. ghggp

ghggp Premium Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Ha, ha... typo... Advanced Beginners/CGC!