Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Flyball video

Discussion in 'Flyball' started by SheepOfBlue, Dec 5, 2014.

1. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
  2. tofu pup

tofu pup Moderator

Aug 28, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    So cool! Thanks for posting this neat little segment.

The club where I take agility classes is very flyball-oriented (Omaha Speedracers! and they were there at Nationals!), and it's been fun to spend time with people who are really serious about the sport. It seems like a total blast for the dogs! And they are fast.

...but I think I would need a pair of these if I were to play flyball. :wink2:

3. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I have seen that club :cool: There are those that wear ear plugs. Also CanAm is among the worst places as the acoustics are prone to echo and the number of rings/dogs is far more. We ran in Florida and that one was better than many as it had acoustical panels hanging in the rafters. The one this weekend is loud but not the loudest for sure that we run.

What is really weird is the constant roar ceases at times for a short while and it is like WOW! Then one dog barks and off we go again :lol:

Sca is not that much of a barker and Spitfire is silent at races so it has to be the evil Border Collies :razz:

4. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    I don't know how.. but I took several naps during CanAm. With all the barking. It wasn't that bad in the crating area. When you're actually racing.. oh boy..

5. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    OMG the race they show.. the people in the blue and yellow polos is Top Dog Racers. The lady handling the start dog is named Missy.. and she lets out this blood curdling scream to call her dog back. It sounds like she's being assaulted. It drives me crazy.

6. kryslaurelle

kryslaurelle Forums Enthusiast

Nov 26, 2012
    SLO, California
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I definitely want to try flyball with Enzo at some point. I think he'd love it. And he would definitely be barking his little head off, lol.

7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    If I ever have a Parson Russell, this is THE sport!!